Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Remington UMC 9mm $0.22/rnd shipped for 1,000 rnds

Discussion in 'Great Deals' started by Jabba, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Jabba

Jabba Oregon Member

2. MrNatural

MrNatural Oregon Well-Known Member

That's a very good price.

But just to restate one of the rules of buying ammunition:
    Rule 3 - NEVER buy bulk ammunition before you have tested a sample of it in your guns.

In my experience, the Remington/UMC is loaded on the cool side and reliably produces stoppages in couple of my guns. A friend of mine found this out the hard way in the middle of a practical shooting competition.

The stuff works fine in most guns - but definitely not in all.

Also, while I'm here Winchester white box (generally 100rds or 200rds found at Walmart, etc) 9mm is also loaded on the cool side.

Like shoes - try before you buy.

Joe13 likes this.
  3. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I've seen boxes of 50 round boxes for $11 all fall on shelves everywhere.

May want to look around before ordering it with shipping.

4. aksu747

aksu747 Beaverton Active Member

It gets even cheaper than that though,I bought a couple boxes of 50 rounds of blazer brass 124 grain for $10 per box at Bi-mart a couple months ago.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    Joe13 likes this.
  5. Jabba

Jabba Oregon Member

Didn't know about the Remington being a cool load. It is noticeably more accurate in my guns than other rounds like Blazer, no stoppages, that's why I posted the deal here. I just get tired of spending time driving around looking for ammo and not finding it in stock. It's gotten a lot better but I've never found it cheaper in stores than a good deal online.

6. Fordcragar

Fordcragar Renton, Washington Active Member

On February 14-20, Dick's Sporting Goods came out with an ad for Remington UMC 9mm 50-pack for $10.98. They had a similar sale at the end of December.

7. Jabba

Jabba Oregon Member

Oh yea, Dick's the same place that stopped selling scary black guns after Sandy Hook. No thanks.

clearconscience and aksu747 like this.