JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
1911y.jpg

First of all I am not looking to sell this gun. I inherited it recently and I know the basics about it from what info is posted on various websites. I am more curious as to its Value. I have what you see above plus another magazine (in better shape than the two posted). I also have over 750 rounds of ammo, mixed brands and such. I may need to sell it in the future so any help would be appreciated.

So basic info
It is in perfect working order and good overall condition
Serial number is 176xxxx
One side is stamped : UNITED STATES PROPERTY M1911A1 U.S. ARMY
N0. 176XXXX
F (FRONT OF THE TRIGGER FRAME)

Other side: REMINGTON RAND INC
SYRACUSE, N.Y. U.S.A.
FMJ

Magazines are unmarked. They work well but are well used.
The pouch is stamped on the back: US J.Q.M.D.
E.N.S.

If you need other info let me know and any addition info about the gun you want to throw out there is appreciated as well.

Judging from that single photo, I'd put a value of $1300-$1400 on a Gunbroker sale. Local sale (non-gunbroker) would be $1200-$1300. RemRand 1911A1's come up pretty often at the shows here around PDX. All of this pricing assumes the gun is all original and not bubba'd, and doesn't include the mag pouch (don't know what that's worth). A vendor had a very similar example at the PDX shows here for a couple of months now at $1400. I just saw that he finally sold it at the last show. I don't know what it went for but i'm guessing less than $1400. It was at least equivalent to the one in your photo.

Thirtycal

Lowell Pauli is another good one to seek out.
He lives in the Milwaukie area, and I believe has the most extensive Colt collection around...even better than the Colt factory.

Home

Clean Remington Rands sell for $900 to $1400. I bought mine at a pawn shop a couple years ago for $950 as I remember and sold the Sears holster that was included for about $100 on Ebay as I recall so make it $950 plus tax minus $100. Correct magazines will have a letter stamped on top of the base tang, L, R, S, or G depending on the contractor. Remington Rands are the most common WWII 1911A1's and not hard to find in good condition and are great pistols. Just don't pay too much for one that isn't correct and good condition. Google "Remington Rand Collection" for information on what is correct.
The mag pouch is interesting on it's own but I don't think it relates to the value of the pistol as I believe they were seperate issue.

Very nice.

Here is my RR that's had a bit of rework done to it.

RemRand3s1.jpg

Nice looking gun Mister_E, but I like the looks of Onxy's RR much more. He is history. Yours is just a pretty face.

LOL, no problem. And I totally agree. Before I had mine re-worked, it was in pretty sorry condition, and had already been 'modified', so there was no point in trying to restore it to original.

Like you said, his has history to it. If I had a choice, I would keep it that way, too. ;) I simply shared the pic of mine, as you don't see too many RR's still hanging around - original or modified.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top