JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would like to remove the outer magazine tube. I see that it is threaded and have it soaking in Kroil but don't know how or if I should try to unscrew it as it's pretty thin.

I have a 12 and I don't remember how it came apart....let me go refresh my memory on it but unscrewing it does not ring a bell....I'll be back.....

Pull the pump action grip off and where the magazine tube inserts into main housing there is a set screw. The magazine tube has a dimple for the screw to go into. Once that set screw is out the tube will come right off.. Now, this is on a 1912 year model.

Here is a pic of the set screw...

Last Edited:
Yep that's it. That screw holds the inner tube in place and keeps the outer tube from coming loose. I want to take the outer tube off and it's threaded but the tube is quite thin and I don't want to bugger it up. the inner tube on this one was dimpled so that the follower couldn't get past the dimple. Someone screwed it up and I managed to fix it without the tool that would have made it simple. I want to refinish the stocks and need the outer tube off.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top