JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would like to remove the outer magazine tube. I see that it is threaded and have it soaking in Kroil but don't know how or if I should try to unscrew it as it's pretty thin.

I have a 12 and I don't remember how it came apart....let me go refresh my memory on it but unscrewing it does not ring a bell....I'll be back.....

Pull the pump action grip off and where the magazine tube inserts into main housing there is a set screw. The magazine tube has a dimple for the screw to go into. Once that set screw is out the tube will come right off.. Now, this is on a 1912 year model.

Here is a pic of the set screw...

Last Edited:
Yep that's it. That screw holds the inner tube in place and keeps the outer tube from coming loose. I want to take the outer tube off and it's threaded but the tube is quite thin and I don't want to bugger it up. the inner tube on this one was dimpled so that the follower couldn't get past the dimple. Someone screwed it up and I managed to fix it without the tool that would have made it simple. I want to refinish the stocks and need the outer tube off.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top