JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As a few other users have pointed out the market is currently flooded with ARs. Prices are cheaper than they've ever been... which is great for the consumer and difficult for companies trying to turn a profit. It makes business sense to cut less successful brands to focus more on lucrative product lines.

With that being said there is no love lost from me that Tapco is going away. Far too many SKS and Mosins have been bubba'd using Tapco products.

Higher quality ARs, along with the return of wood rifles, sounds like a good future to me.

This isn't all that bad really, These companies need to divest themselves from their parent company and reform under their own banner to sink or swim on their own reputation, and so much the better that they would have the chance to build anew with the proper focus toward their markets! Once Remington was the pinnacle of innovation and quality at reasonable prices, today they are but a shadow of what once was, and look at Para, Marlin, and the others! They all suffered greatly under this conglomerate, and now must figure out how to survive!

This isn't all that bad really, These companies need to divest themselves from their parent company and reform under their own banner to sink or swim on their own reputation, and so much the better that they would have the chance to build anew with the proper focus toward their markets! Once Remington was the pinnacle of innovation and quality at reasonable prices, today they are but a shadow of what once was, and look at Para, Marlin, and the others! They all suffered greatly under this conglomerate, and now must figure out how to survive!

Well, the "good" people from Bushmaster already did. Tapco? Eh.....injection molding plastic can't require all that much ingenuity and skill.

DPMS? Come on now, that's just silly. :D

Higher quality ARs, along with the return of wood rifles, sounds like a good future to me.
Like....?
Don't get me wrong, I like good ARs as much as the next guy :rolleyes: It's just that... far as I can tell, the only real quality lies in the barrels, and what the BCG are coated/made of... aluminum lowers are practically identical other than certain pin sizes (coughs Colt coughs) and roll marks (coughs Colt again coughs)...

Uppers are pretty uniform far as I can tell.... for standard A4 flat tops. What I'd like to see though... affordable A1/A2 fixed handle uppers

The rest can be worked out pretty cheaply for the quality expected ;)

Remind me again, who's producing the barrels these days?

Wood? No blued steel? Just wood? :p

Edit. Ya know what. All those executive orders banning imports of certain types from certain countries.. as well as the asinine "suitable for sporting purposes" rules for imports ought to be removed. Make the "small arms market" in the U.S. so much more competitive... if also repeal NFA 1934 among othets.... since that would mean we could be getting decent rifles and PDWs from Europe, Turkey, Russia, Finland (Valmet....), Israel...

Wood? No blued steel? Just wood? :p

Edit. Ya know what. All those executive orders banning imports of certain types from certain countries.. as well as the asinine "suitable for sporting purposes" rules for imports ought to be removed. Make the "small arms market" in the U.S. so much more competitive... if also repeal NFA 1934 among othets.... since that would mean we could be getting decent rifles and PDWs from Europe, Turkey, Russia, Finland (Valmet....), Israel...

:D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads