JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Remington has long ago ceased to be the Remington Firearms Co. of my youth...
Which is a shame , since at one time they put out fine , high quality firearms , that a workingman could afford.

While not really a fan of the AR15 rifle....it is a good rifle and this move seems to be yet another in a long series of mistakes for "The Big Green".
Andy

Which is a shame , since at one time they put out fine , high quality firearms , that a workingman could afford.

While not really a fan of the AR15 rifle....it is a good rifle and this move seems to be yet another in a long series of mistakes for "The Big Green".
Andy
Now they put out stuff a working man can afford but less than what they deserve. For budget rifles I'd go ruger. For quality? Tikka, LMT, etc depending on what I'm shopping for.

Andy
Seems like it's going back TO the firearms company of your youth. Nothing wrong with that.

MSRs are great but they aren't worth building in this market. Way too many out there at way too low a price. They are just commodities and that places a huge downward pressure on prices.

We always subscribe sinister intent but really it's just dollars.

Want a better industry? Get more people to shoot. Same as changes in laws.

It is only a numbers game.

Seems like it's going back TO the firearms company of your youth. Nothing wrong with that.
I can only hope so....but To be honest I kinda doubt it....be nice to be wrong though.

I understand what your are saying about AR15 type rifles as being too many out there to be competitive...but I think that stopping the production of such sends the wrong message.....as seen by :
We always subscribe sinister intent

Even if it really is , as you state ...its just dollars...
Again it would be nice for me to be wrong here.
Andy

I can only hope so....but To be honest I kinda doubt it....be nice to be wrong though.

I understand what your are saying about AR15 type rifles as being too many out there to be competitive...but I think that stopping the production of such sends the wrong message.....as seen by :

Even if it really is , as you state ...its just dollars...
Again it would be nice for me to be wrong here.
Andy

I may be an outlier here, but the way I see it:

The current attack on 2A is being led by twitter "activists" and some baby boomers in congress that think getting mentions on Twitter is the end-all-be-all of their political careers.

The next generation (those 16-18 now) are polling more conservative than their parents by a long shot. The pendulum is swinging.

If I were a betting man, I'd be shoring up my company to be in a good position to start to capture that market when they get some dollars into their hands in ~5-10 years.

That means: weather the current storm, divest losing products, reinvest in winners, start advertising and building the brand for the next generation.

It's up to us, now, to make sure 2A is around for that youth when they get there, but I have no qualms about them taking up the flag when they're ready.

I may be an outlier here, but the way I see it:

The current attack on 2A is being led by twitter "activists" and some baby boomers in congress that think getting mentions on Twitter is the end-all-be-all of their political careers.

The next generation (those 16-18 now) are polling more conservative than their parents by a long shot. The pendulum is swinging.

If I were a betting man, I'd be shoring up my company to be in a good position to start to capture that market when they get some dollars into their hands in ~5-10 years.

That means: weather the current storm, divest losing products, reinvest in winners, start advertising and building the brand for the next generation.

It's up to us, now, to make sure 2A is around for that youth when they get there, but I have no qualms about them taking up the flag when they're ready.
That would be nice to see...
I don't see it happening that way....but again....it would be good for me to be wrong here.
Andy

I'd love to see Remington drop all the AR crap and go back to making decent rifles and shotguns. In the effort to join that flooded market, Big Green forgot what made it the Big Green.
They didn't just drop ARs. Tapco made AK parts that people use for 922r and such. As well as parts for other guns.

Now they put out stuff a working man can afford but less than what they deserve. For budget rifles I'd go ruger. For quality? Tikka, LMT, etc depending on what I'm shopping for.
The only reason companies like Tikka have any market share is because companies like Remington decided to slack off on their bread and butter. Their QC went down the tube and people had to look elsewhere. Tikka was laughed at when they came out because of all the plastic and the one-size-fits-all approach. Now, they are the best of the cheap guns and we have to swallow our desire for a nice rifle and buy Tikkas. I own several, and the first thing I do when I buy one is throw away as much of the plastic as I can.

The only reason companies like Tikka have any market share is because companies like Remington decided to slack off on their bread and butter. Their QC went down the tube and people had to look elsewhere. Tikka was laughed at when they came out because of all the plastic and the one-size-fits-all approach. Now, they are the best of the cheap guns and we have to swallow our desire for a nice rifle and buy Tikkas. I own several, and the first thing I do when I buy one is throw away as much of the plastic as I can.
I rarely like any stock from factory, be it wood or plastic. So usually I'm buying another wood stock to begin with if I want wood.

Exactly. Tikka's are fine rifles but to qualify them as "nice" is a forced decision based on the lack of other viable options in that price point.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top