Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

remington 870 12g stocks????

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by 97trxuszj, Nov 6, 2010.

1. 97trxuszj

97trxuszj Renton, WA New Member

I am debating on a

speedfeed IV stock
    or
    Mesa tactical adjustable non recoil red. stock

what would you guys recomend and why?

2. M.Link

M.Link Guest

I've had a speedfeed with the pistol grip/buttstock and loved it. A lot more reasonably priced than the M.T..

3. 97trxuszj

ok well heres the kicker I can get them both for about the same price. I have a buddy that is getting a new stock for his and wants to sell his mesa for the price of a new speedfeed. Like I said before the mesa does NOT have the hydro recoil system in it.

4. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Standard shape hogue stock set. The front is rubberized and therefor easy to function the slide. The buttstock is rubberized in the grip area but not in the cheek weld area, so no facial hair is sacrificed. I tried the pistol grip style speedfeed stock and the wedge shape drove itself into my cheek bone when I shot and was uncomfortable...

5. bnr32gtr

bnr32gtr Vancouver, WA Member

I have a Mesa LEO setup on my 870 and while I really dig it, the thing thumps pretty good without the recoil absorber, which is on the list when money is right.

IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0180.jpg

I actually prefer the Police/Youth stock with a decent butt pad on it. That is what I installed on my brother's 870 clone.

6. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

I don't like the feel of the AR style stocks on a shotgun. Personal preference is just that. You should try both and see which one you like best.

7. 97trxuszj

I enjoy the hogue pistol grip on the mesa stock but like the look of the speedfeed stock better, just wish it had finger grooves and rubber. I used to have a ATI pistol grip buttstock on my old remington 870, and enjoyed that just didn't care for the poor fitment of the adapters

8. The Cheese

The Cheese somewhere special Member

I can't say anything for the Mesa, but having a few Speedfeed stocks in the past, I really like them. They feel pretty good and fit me well. I have broken both my wrists a couple times each and cannot field a traditional stock for very long when hunting, so most all of the shotguns I own(ed) have had a SF stock on them. Plus I like the having 4 extra shells in the stock too. Kind of neat. I had an ATI pistol grip unit with a M4 style stock on it and hated it on the 870.