JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$600
Manufacturer
Remington
Caliber
7mm Remington Magnum
City
Portland
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Hey Folks,
I have for sale a Remington 700 7mm mag. From what I can tell it's from 1965. It was my Dads so I'm not sure when the last time it was fired or how many rounds have gone through it.
I recently replaced the bolt stop spring, but this doesn't really have a place in my collection anymore and would like to get something a little different.
I'm open to offers on the price.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or need more photos.
Thanks for looking!

IMG_1155.jpg IMG_1154.jpg IMG_1153.jpg IMG_1152.jpg IMG_1151.jpg IMG_1149.jpg IMG_1148.jpg IMG_1147.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
This I believe should have a stainless steel barrel, marked as such, and the bluing will be in contrast to that on the receiver if so.

Remington went with stainless (unknown to me if ALL were) on their challenger to the .264 Win Mag ("experts" claimed the .264 would burn barrels). Remington struggled with bluing on these barrels.

The one I owned in the '70's (a '60's ADL) was precise enough to hand it to anyone and nail a quarter at 100yds off the bench. Every single time. No bedding, no nothing, other than handloads. A "solid" rifle describes it perfectly.

This I believe should have a stainless steel barrel, marked as such, and the bluing will be in contrast to that on the receiver if so.

Remington went with stainless (unknown to me if ALL were) on their challenger to the .264 Win Mag ("experts" claimed the .264 would burn barrels). Remington struggled with bluing on these barrels.

The one I owned in the '70's (a '60's ADL) was precise enough to hand it to anyone and nail a quarter at 100yds off the bench. Every single time. No bedding, no nothing, other than handloads. A "solid" rifle describes it perfectly.
What should I look for on the rifle to confirm this?

Roll stamp on the left side of the barrel; "stainless steel". As I stated, I am not sure if all these earlier guns are such. I know later blued 7mm guns were not stainless. Research on a Remington collector website would provide an answer I am certain.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.