JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just in case you missed this amoung the S&W Shield rebate hype recently, Remington is giving $100 rebates on their 1911's through July 31st.

Grab-a-Gun has them today for $499, less the rebate, that's $399 for an R1.

Link to GAG: Remington 1911 R1 Black .45ACP 5-inch 7rd Walnut Grips

Link to Rebate: Rebates & Promotions

Pretty picture of your next 1911:

IMG_0739.JPG

BTW, that exact same gun is priced today at Bud's for $679! That's a big difference, especially since Bud's often has some of the better prices. I'd jump on this if I had the $$. Someone buy one of these so I can live vicariously through your ill-advised purchase ;)

I picked up one of the enhanced threaded barrel models just after they started the $100 rebate. Had it out to the range once so far and it worked great!

I looked was really tempted but low on funds. Plus you still need to shoot my Tikka, so we can still go to the range. Just gotta wait till August.

Yep, one of these days. I wouldn't mind trying that Tikka - still not sure which direction I want to go for a good .308 bolt gun - some really great options out there, has my head spinning.

Wow I cannot believe this price, this is way below any dealer pricing I've ever seen on these.
These are very well made pistols. Only thing I've done to any of them was a few trigger jobs.
185grain semi wadcutter sitting on top of 3.5 grains of Bullseye makes nice little 1" groups at 50' from a sandbag rest.

heres my r1 enhanced threaded
IMG_0080.JPG

i hand fit a wilson match grade bushing for it(took me 3 hours!!! i took the factory match grade one out just cause i wanted stainless and the factory one was a little too tight. the slide would fail to go into battery if i rode the slide home. it does not now with the wilson) and also added a wilson blue buffer to the recoil spring

IMG_0081.JPG

not sure how to adjust the over travel screw yet. gonna do some research.

with can!!

IMG_0018.JPG

my next upgrade is VZ operator 2s or LOK spec ops in black/grey,olive/black or tan/black. cannot decide.

love this gun. specially for what i paid for it. DIRT CHEAP.

Wow I cannot believe this price, this is way below any dealer pricing I've ever seen on these.
These are very well made pistols. Only thing I've done to any of them was a few trigger jobs.
185grain semi wadcutter sitting on top of 3.5 grains of Bullseye makes nice little 1" groups at 50' from a sandbag rest.

im loading 5.2gr bullseye under 230gr FMJ.

good load.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads