JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I am selling my WWI Colt 1911 serial number 229186. It comes with 4 magazines that look as old as the gun, a set of smooth wood grips, and a S&W holster that is at least 30 years newer than the gun. The pictures below are of the actual gun. I was finally able to have a few 1911 "experts" look it over and tell me the gun's story since there are a few things that aren't original with it (finish, grips, civilian barrel).

Here is what they told me: It was manufactured in the beginning of 1918 (based on the serial #) which was towards the end of WWI. The only things on the gun that aren't original are the barrel, finish, and the grips; that combined with the well-used but good condition of the gun made him confident that it had been reissued for use but I've had multiple stories from "experts" as to who did it and when it was done. The good news is: the gun fires perfectly & accurately, its in good overall condition (no rusting or pitting anywhere!) and all the parts are original except the barrel (civilian w/ no proof mark) grips and finish; bad news is those are the most important things to collectors so the value dropped significantly.

He said it would be worth $1800+ in this condition if it were all original but that $1000 would be a fair price in its current condition so thats where I'm starting. I am open to offers but no low-balls or trades. I will need to see your WADL (CPL preferred) for my bill of sale, or if you're an OR resident I can meet you at an FFL in Portland to do a transfer for no fee on my end (as long as its close to I5 or I205 and the WA border).

Feel free to PM/email me with any questions, I don't feel like typing out every detail I know about the gun on here but will answer any questions you might have about it. Thanks for viewing!

Post was updated after another guy looked it over and pointed out the barrel didn't have a military proof mark.

2012-07-17_08-16-54_867.jpg

2012-07-17_08-11-33_28.jpg

2012-07-17_08-11-13_750.jpg

2012-07-17_08-11-48_850.jpg

2012-07-17_08-12-02_728-1.jpg

2012-07-17_08-13-59_834.jpg

Last Edited:
Still for sale and still taking offers! To answer the most common question I get: the finish is parkerized where as the original was blued. Thanks for looking!