JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I contend that not only does it "lead to" confiscation, but that confiscation is the primary reason for having a registration scheme.

Why else would an authoritarian government entity need to know where they are?

I contend that not only does it "lead to" confiscation, but that confiscation is the primary reason for having a registration scheme.

Why else would an authoritarian government entity need to know where they are?

No argument from me. However, the pro-594 argument has always been "nobody is going to take your guns!" Then dismissing us as nutbags that lie and use fear mongering...while on the reverse- libtards will come out and say that because we don't register anything....because of the "loopholes" in our background check system that we need to register them to prevent crime.

I once read a response about why not just marking a prior felon's driver's license with a big red 'F' on it, that way we know not to sell that guy a gun?

There are tons of ways we can keep guns out of the hands of criminals without further legislation...but that requires thinking logically and not emotionally.

Certainly it does.

As asserted, there is no other reason for registration.

You don't need the firearm serial number and other info to run a background check. The only reasons for that info are:

1) Confiscation
2) The very slim chance that you might detect a stolen firearm, in which case, provide a separate mechanism for checking whether a firearm is stolen outside of the registration mechanism.

With the passing of I-594, we now have permanent gun registration. I have talked to and messaged a lot of people including radio hosts and get the feeling most people do not believe me or even care, so maybe I'm wrong about this being a gun registration? but this is what I believe to be the case. All PRIVATE sales records will now be stored along with the FFL sales records in Olympia. What happens is - first the dealer keeps a copy, second the sheriff or chief of police get a copy, and a third copy goes to the DIRECTOR OF LICENCING in Olympia and is kept there indefinitely. Before I-594, when buying from an FFL the third copy was stored in Olympia, but the record chain was not effective because the chain could be broken at anytime by a sale between private parties. But now, because we have to go through an FFL for private sales, the chain will no longer be broken. There will be a permanent and current record of each and every gun sale held in Olympia.... Every pistol transfer will now be registered to the owner, including type and serial number! As you know, gun registration is unconstitutional as it defeats the clear intent of those who authored and voted to pass the bill of rights.

This is exactly why such laws are passed.

It isn't about the BGC, it is about maintaining that record chain.

Over time, more and more firearms will be entered into those records until such time as they want to confiscate them.

In about ten years or so, the next law to be passed will be mandatory registration of any firearm you own - unless WA state repeals the law, and I don't see that happening with the current population.

This is the plan for every state. They can't get it Federal so they will push gun control state by state, they said that when the one was elected.o_O

Another thing about I-594 and registration, in the Brady Bill, under section 103 ( i ) it says "PROHBITION RELATING TO ESTABLISHMENT OF REGISTRATION SYSTEMS WITH RESPECT TO FIREARMS - No department, agency, or employee of the United States may: (1) require that any record or portion thereof generated by the system established under this section be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any STATE or political subdivision, thereof; or (2) USE THE SYSTEM ESTABLISHED UNDER THIS SECTION TO ESTABLISH ANY SYSTEM FOR THE REGISTRATION OF FIREARMS, FIREARM OWNERS, OR FIREARM TRANSACTIONS OR DISPOSITIONS, EXCEPT WITH RESPECT TO PERSONS, PROHIBITED BY SECTION 922 (g) or (n) OF TITLE 18, UNITED STATES CODE OR STATE LAW, FROM RECEIVING A FIREARM." So anyway there is no such wording in I-594. Also after reading this I was wondering how Washington State got by keeping a permanent record of all FFL pistol purchases in Olympia with the Director of Licensing in the first place.

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

With the mess that 594 is I can't see why it was even certified to be on a ballot!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member
WAC member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

With the mess that 594 is I can't see why it was even certified to be on a ballot!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member
WAC member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

That's easy to answer, because it fit their "agenda".

I have a strong feeling they will never get to the point of taking our guns. Whether it's from us not playing ball, or them not getting to the point where laws says they can. There's a lot of people, both sides of isle, that know the country is not in a good place to do that, and they know they need citizens armed. Whatever reason it is, they won't be getting the guns. That's my two cents.

I have said it before in a previous thread on I-594, but it's worth saying again. One way for gun owners to make an impact on the state legislature is with money, and that is the most effective way. I'm not talking about giving it to them, either. If every hunter and fisherman in this state would just for one year refuse to purchase a hunting and fishing license, it would put a serious dent in the operating budget for the Department of Fish & Wildlife. A self imposed moratorium on purchases for any outdoor gear would help that a lot. Certainly it would hurt business, but there are some sacrifices we have to make. The sales of any outdoor gear are taxed under the Pittman-Robertson Act, and that helps fund the US Department of Fish & Wildlife. It also apportions matching funds to the various states from the Federal government. The sales of hunting licenses, tags, and fishing licenses fund the state DFW directly. When any government agency suffers a budgetary setback, it's like taking heroin from a junkie. Certainly gets their attention in the most direct fashion I can think of. Maybe this is just wishful thinking. Maybe it would be like trying to herd chickens to one common goal. We cannot depend entirely on the NRA and money donations to different individuals / organizations / lobbyists. This is one case where "Money talks, BS walks". I know the Department of Fish & Wildlife is not the aggressor in this mess, but this is the one sure way to get lawmakers attention when it comes time to consider the ramifications of this law. Take a little vacation to Idaho, Montana or Wyoming for your next hunting / fishing season if you MUST do it. Just don't give Washington the money.

And for our friends in Oregon, consider this when your lawmakers are thumping their chests and threatening your firearms freedoms. Get together and tell them point blank this is what you will do. Then do it if they call the bluff.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/about/budget/

Last Edited:
All PRIVATE sales records will now be stored along with the FFL sales records in Olympia. What happens is - first the dealer keeps a copy, second the sheriff or chief of police get a copy, and a third copy goes to the DIRECTOR OF LICENCING in Olympia and is kept there indefinitely.

Well , would you point out just where it says that.

It's in RCW 9.41.110. I don't know how to bring up that link, one of these days I will figure it out, but all you have to do is Google (I used Bing) RCW 9.41.110 and then go to section 9, it explains in paragraph b.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top