JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok, I said all private sales records that have the third copy sent to Olympia by the dealer will be stored with the director of licensing. You need to go back and read post #5 again in it's entirety. I even qualified what I was saying towards the end with "Every PISTOL transfer will now be registered to the owner, including type and serial number" Sorry if the post wasn't clear enough for you. I am just a hillbilly living out here in the sticks that got ahold of a computer.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.110

(9)(a) A true record in triplicate shall be made of every pistol sold, in a book kept for the purpose, the form of which may be prescribed by the director of licensing and shall be personally signed by the purchaser and by the person effecting the sale, each in the presence of the other, and shall contain the date of sale, the caliber, make, model and manufacturer's number of the weapon, the name, address, occupation, and place of birth of the purchaser and a statement signed by the purchaser that he or she is not ineligible under RCW 9.41.040 to possess a firearm.

(b) One copy shall within six hours be sent by certified mail to the chief of police of the municipality or the sheriff of the county of which the purchaser is a resident; the duplicate the dealer shall within seven days send to the director of licensing; the triplicate the dealer shall retain for six years.

So, the language of the bill is quite murky already. It rambles from specifically "pistol" to generally "weapon". Weapon is a very broad, general term, applied from a hay fork to a golf club, anything that can be used as a weapon. Unless there is language written into the bill that specifically states something like: "Hereafter, the term "weapon" shall apply to pistols and revolvers only, center fire or rim fire, not to shoulder held long arms".
Looks like a lot of latitude for lawyers and judges to hash this out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top