JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Public Forum Posts Are:

• What I think and don't give a hoot what others think about it.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Something I might think twice about in the future.

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Are something that can and will be used against me in the court of law.

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • None of the above, I'll tell you below what I think.

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
So with the new Red Flag law, (dumb question but.....) Do you think there are folks out there trolling firearms forums either trying to goad someone into publicly posting some kind of "threat" or just looking for someone that happened to post something that could be construed as a threat that would/should preclude them from owning a firearm? Something they could use to apply towards a red flag? I see many posts on this forum (some I've posted I'm sure) that I assume are mostly typed in jest about shooting someone or something and when taken out of context could sound fairly damning. Even if used simply as fodder. Since this chit seems to be coming to a head, I have refrained from letting all my thoughts become public for this reason. If, god forbid, one of us has to use our firearm in self defense and it is an iffy shoot, a jury reading of couple of these posts might be just enough to sway them the other way.

I'm familiar with people getting in trouble in court based on things that are said on social media attached to their real name that are publicly searchable or that other people could share/screenshot to use as evidence. Without using your real name, and not providing people with information against you, it would be tough for them to use forum posts against you.

For example,

Arresting officer says: "Give me your phone."

"Ok officer" (hands phone over)

Arresting officer: "what's the password"

"Silence"

(You don't have to say anything)

Have fun having a case against someone that says nothing. They have a duty to prove your guilt. You don't have to help them.

A gun forum is just another type of social media. But why would anyone say anything anywhere that could be held against them?

Since this chit seems to be coming to a head, I have refrained from letting all my thoughts become public for this reason.
interdasting.jpg

Yup....it's as though.....the 1st A was lost. And along with that.......EVIL was able to triumph. BUT, But, but.......

everything-is-going-according-to-plan_(1).jpg

WAIT, Wait, wait.....

Democrat_Restroom.png

Aloha, Mark

PS.....YES. I am aware that some RINO's were involved. And, they'd be like.

Last Edited:
A gun forum is just another type of social media. But why would anyone say anything anywhere that could be held against them?
Because people don't know how to shut up. There's a lot of people in jail/prison because they wouldn't/couldn't do that.

I'm not saying they don't belong there, I'm just saying that without their assistance, some of them wouldn't have ended up there.

if they were the good guy then it wouldn't have mattered what they said...
In theory yes, but the way some of these woke DA's operate. Doesn't matter you saved a school bus full of children from a zombie homeless guy with a machete, they will find somewhere where 10 years ago you said something about how all homeless should be removed from the city and they'll say, "See! He's always wanted to kill a homeless guy!"...

In theory yes, but the way some of these woke DA's operate. Doesn't matter you saved a school bus full of children from a zombie homeless guy with a machete, they will find somewhere where 10 years ago you said something about how all homeless should be removed from the city and they'll say, "See! He's always wanted to kill a homeless guy!"...
Reality is everything you say on social media can and will be used against you. The most common example I see is people expressing joy when the bad guy gets killed. Nobody should want to see the bad guy get killed, when the good guy defends themselves and the bad guy ends up dying thats a consequence of the bad guys actions but its never a good thing when anyone dies. We should always be analyzing these cases for ways to deescalate without violence.
But then someone comes along and says they got what they deserved....

Imagine that one day, someone says......

"I wish that ____x_____ would meet His/Her (or whatever else pronoun) Maker really soon."

Hummm.......was that a threat?

You know what? For the sake of SAFETY. We need to RED FLAG that person.

Aloha, Mark

Reality is everything you say on social media can and will be used against you. The most common example I see is people expressing joy when the bad guy gets killed. Nobody should want to see the bad guy get killed, when the good guy defends themselves and the bad guy ends up dying thats a consequence of the bad guys actions but its never a good thing when anyone dies. We should always be analyzing these cases for ways to deescalate without violence.
But then someone comes along and says they got what they deserved....
I disagree, dead bad guys makes our society safer in a real and meaningful way, because typically these people have victimized many others before they met their end by choosing the wrong victim or not surviving an encounter with police.

Celebrating the improved safety of our society is justified and I believe if it was more publicly shared that being a criminal dirt bag was a good way to get dead, we'd see less of that lifestyle choice.

Imagine that one day, someone says......

"I wish that ____x_____ would meet His/Her (or whatever else pronoun) Maker really soon."

Hummm.......was that a threat?

You know what? For the sake of SAFETY. We need to RED FLAG that person.

Aloha, Mark
That's exactly what I fear. Red Flag is going to become merely the perception of a single person and no longer what a "reasonable person" perceives it as. Just like if I walk into a room with 100 women in it and say, "Hey Ladies". If one person is offended that I used the incorrect pronoun, then I'm a racist, misogynistic, anti LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ person and should be canceled immediately.

RE : Post #17

I see it turning into a matter like.......

"Better SAFE, than SORRY."

Never mind that the law needs PROOF beyond a reasonable doubt in order to find someone GUILT OF A CRIME and to subsequently incarcerate someone.

The question/issue will degrade to.......
IF, it's just a matter of denial of RIGHTS. Yeah......

"What's the big deal?"

Aloha, Mark

I disagree, dead bad guys makes our society safer in a real and meaningful way, because typically these people have victimized many others before they met their end by choosing the wrong victim or not surviving an encounter with police.

Celebrating the improved safety of our society is justified and I believe if it was more publicly shared that being a criminal dirt bag was a good way to get dead, we'd see less of that lifestyle choice.
except theres a difference between celebrating an improvement in the safety of our society and the loss of a life. Everyone agrees its better the good guy doesnt become a victim, everyone also agrees its better to not be in that position in the first place. In the context of the thread subject, everything you say electronically stays forever, the question is... can it be taken out of context?

except theres a difference between celebrating an improvement in the safety of our society and the loss of a life. Everyone agrees its better the good guy doesnt become a victim, everyone also agrees its better to not be in that position in the first place. In the context of the thread subject, everything you say electronically stays forever, the question is... can it be taken out of context?
When the loss of life of a dirt bag is the reason there is an improvement to society's general welfare/safety, celebrating either is the same, they are the same.

Ted Bundy was a evil person. He's dead now. People celebrated that, that's ok. Good riddance, the world is better without him.

In terms of taking things out of context, yes, that can happen with everything and anything you say.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top