JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That battle steel mount I linked back in my post cowitnesses with Aimpoint or Holosuns, not too sure about the MRO.

on7ZCXO.jpg

I'm running the included mount, but I think I'm going to buy one of the battle steels.

Not sure how the MRO will mount in conjunction with the sights. But with most any Trijicon product, it'll most likely outlast the irons.

If ya want, you're welcome to bring it up, we'll throw my MRO on it, and you can test it out on my range.

Not sure how the MRO will mount in conjunction with the sights. But with most any Trijicon product, it'll most likely outlast the irons.

If ya want, you're welcome to bring it up, we'll throw my MRO on it, and you can test it out on my range.

You know, I might just take you up on that. Maybe we could do a training class/optics testing?

Not sure how the MRO will mount in conjunction with the sights.

I doesn't matter, get a low mount and run with it.

Save a few more bucks ,the MRO is the right move. You're already talking 3 bills just a little more and leaps in quality AND Labor Day sale dude, narrows that gap a little bit.

Very cool.

Last Edited:
OK, so I picked up an MKE/Zenith MP5 clone. It comes with a rail that I mounted. But I need optic suggestions. I'm thinking a low profile mount and somewhat smaller than say a Vortex Strikefire II or an Aimpoint Pro.

Trying to hover at the $300-ish dollar range.

Anyone have any experience here that they could share? Or maybe some opinions?

Thanks.

I've used the Aimpoint Pro. It's no frills, but rugged and does the job. My only complaint is that once you've gotten used to a smaller optic, it feels a little bulky.

My other red dot is a Sig Romeo 5XDR. I've heard some complaints about Sigs lower priced optics and I haven't put it through anything extreme by any means, but I like it for the price. You can also change the reticle from a dot to a holographic style sight.

Coincidentally I may be interested in parting with my Aimpoint. In great shape with original packaging.

The Sig Sauer Romeo 5, mentioned previously, is hands down the best value red dot in my opinion, and you can buy two on your budget. It is made by Holosun, who I believe also makes Primary Arms red dots. You can compare them all at primaryarms.com. At $125 shipped (link in post #2) you cannot go wrong!

A bit above budget--I wheel-and-sealed OpticsPlanet only down to $400--but for suckalicious eyes like mine I've heard DI Optical's recommended. It's not zeroed and hasn't seen firing yet, but here's mine:

with and without BUIS
20180413_125106.jpg 20180413_125125.jpg

Side view on the Briefcase Monster
20180807_124650.jpg

So far it's taken the knockaround of briefcase carry in testing well...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top