JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK, so I picked up an MKE/Zenith MP5 clone. It comes with a rail that I mounted. But I need optic suggestions. I'm thinking a low profile mount and somewhat smaller than say a Vortex Strikefire II or an Aimpoint Pro.

Trying to hover at the $300-ish dollar range.

Anyone have any experience here that they could share? Or maybe some opinions?

Thanks.

In a Best RDS Under $300 shootout :
#1 Sig Sauer Romeo 5
p_100022821_2.jpg

$125 Free Ship
https://www.brownells.com/optics-mo...s/romeo5-compact-red-dot-sight-prod87941.aspx
How do they do that.....slave labor in Bangladesh ?

Last Edited:
Let me add that if the mount style doesn't allow co-witness then I want a quick detach mount. Does that help?

i really like my vortex sparcAR.

it almost seems like a reflex style sight like an RMR, burris fast fire, vortex venom or viper would be awesome for that gun for FOV reasons

I have a vortex spark .
It's good but the on and off buttons are in a bad spot on the back under the site .
I have 4 sig Romeo's .I like them the buttons are on the top .I also ordered a HALO SUN.
But I have not received it yet so can't tell you about it yet

Last Edited:
Leupold Delta Point Pro for the best "budget" MRDS... lots of features and is budget-adjacent if you find a sale.
The Burris Fastfire lll is slightly smaller and quite a bit cheaper, but even at $200 you get a quality MRDS... I wouldn't go any cheaper than that as you'd probably just be frustrated by breakage and nonexistent customer service.
Since you mentioned the Strikefire ll, so will I... good red/green dot sight, Vortex quality, and easy on the budget, I have one on a lightweight carbine. Add a good 3x magnifier and expand it's utility. Downside is that things start to get bulky and heavy.

On that type of weapon I like a reflex style my it be Leupold, Vortex or Burris. The rds's like a strikefire, sparc ect seem bulky for the task unless you plan on needing a magnifier for some reason.

I would make sure that you can adjust the height @Kruel J

After looking at it at the range the thing that sticks out to me is that different people had a different sight picture with it. You will want to make sure that the sight sits where it works for you. Oh and I really like the Sig romeo's just ended up with vortex on all my AR's because I got great deals from members here.

I see a lot of Sig Romeo recommendations, but it's basically just a Holosun.

I'll recommend a Holosun. I've got various models on a lot of mine.

My new fave is the ones that have multiple reticle options. Especially the circle dot variants. I like using just the circle. No dot in the center. This makes close quarters insanely quick. At up to 15 yards all I do is get the center mass into the circle and fire. Other nice features of thiers are shake awake. So a ball detent or something like that inside senses movement and automatically turns your sight on to the last setting. Some have auto dimming so you don't have to adjust the dots intensity all the time. Some have solar panels, so they basically will never run out of juice.

Holosun has models that go on sale as low as $100 and full titanium models in the +$300.

They also have a similar sight to the Eotech now, as well as a sight similar to the Trijicon RMR. The little RMR sight is next on my list, it also has the circle only option.

I'd recommend at least looking over their many models available now.

And if your looking to get the red do as low as possible.

Battle Steel MP5/HK33/HK53 Ultra-Low Profile Integrated Mounting Platform

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top