JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, I have a WASR10 AK47 and I'd love to attach a red dot or a holo sight. I am a noob when it comes to doing this, so I'm looking for some help.

I was looking at the Trophy TRS-25 Red Dot, I'm just not exactly sure what I'd need to be able to install it on the rifle. Thanks

RS Regulate for a side rail mount, Ultimak puts the optic in a forward scout position. SLR make a handrail and gas tube rail similar to the Ultimak if you don't mind changing out the whole front end.

The left side of the receiver should have an attachment for an optic mount. It will look like this:
1650997348843.png

You will need to buy a mount for it. As stated above RS Regulate makes one, but it is a little hard to find in stock lately.

You can also get one from Midwest Industries. It is a little heavier, but very well built, and on my rifle actually returns to zero better after removal.

You can either get a standard pic top rail and mount pretty much any optic to it, or get a top rail that matches your optic. The benefit to the pic rail is compatibility with any optic, but the trade-off is it will sit higher up.

If your AK does not have the mount on the side you will need to either get a new gas tube with a built in rail or a top cover with a rail on it.

I like the TRS-25, just beware of fakes on eBay and Amazon.

One thing to note, the TRS-25 has a 3 MOA dot, 1 MOA roughly equals 1" at 100 yards. The AK is roughly 3" MOA accuracy on its own, when fired from bench rest. So you're basically talking about torso sized groups, best case scenario.

Inside of 50 yards the Red Dot + AK combo is considerably more effective . I've tried (and will probably try again) to put optics on my AKs but I keep going back to iron sights.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top