JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
TLR-8. Small, lightweight, and easy to mount. Give yourself the option to toggle light, light+laser, or just laser.

Do not use a laser for home defense.

For personal protection and self-defense, yes use a laser. 99% of people will be faster and more accurate with a laser.

TLR-8. Small, lightweight, and easy to mount. Give yourself the option to toggle light, light+laser, or just laser.

Do not use a laser for home defense.

For personal protection and self-defense, yes use a laser. 99% of people will be faster and more accurate with a laser.
Isn't home defense also self defense/personal protection?

With training one will be much faster without a laser.

Isn't home defense also self defense/personal protection?

With training one will be much faster without a laser.
That's true. I think a laser in the house is a bad idea because it lets the bad guy see you before you see him. But on the street where sh* can get up close and personal super fast I like the advantage of the laser. Especially if you've been injured or are outnumbered.

That's true. I think a laser in the house is a bad idea because it lets the bad guy see you before you see him. But on the street where sh* can get up close and personal super fast I like the advantage of the laser. Especially if you've been injured or are outnumbered.
My guess is you'll be pulling the trigger before looking for dot placement on your opponent. But I may be wrong….

Check out ArmsUnlimited you can get an X300 for $220. They have TLRs as well. I have a TLR 1 HL on my nightstand gun, and it throws tons of light. I've bought SureFire and Streamlight from them, their inventory changes a lot.

BTW @Oro - I actually laughed out load.
Any input on the rail mount type for the X300? I am a bit stuck on that bit.

Any advantages of one over the other? I read somewhere that the t-slot version "can damage" polymer handgun frames over time?
https://www.pewpewtactical.com/best-pistol-lights/
(under the x300 section)
I use the B because it locks up better in my opinion. The A version is nice for easy on and off applications. I have been running the B version on my G45 for over a year and have no damage.

Oh yeah, they are bright until they are not. Do as you will, personally I'll never own another Streamlight product again. I'm on the third POS I've had to deal with only to have them ghost me.

Last Edited:
Take a look at the Modlite PL350 or if you have a bit of time for it to release the upcoming Cloud Defensive pistol mounted light.
Holsters are the issue at that point. Unless they have the same footprint.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top