JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
size, trim, clean and polish...

I have about 25 pounds of this Nickle Brass that I'd like someone to process for potential reloading. Any recommendations on who could do this job with super quality production outcome??/

Anybody local in Pdx that could do this top quality job? Or, nearby?

Thanks tkdguy

Sure, send them to me. Lol.

I have time.

Clean with stainless media, trim with Frankford trimmer, swage.

Preferably looking for commercial quality job. If you have some ideas you can advise me of what your capacity is; this is not a rush job. Thanks.
I'm not commercial. I often do batches of 2-5 thousand at a time when I process my own brass. If you have 25 pounds I'm guessing you have roughly 1/2 to 2/3 of a homer bucket full. Which is likely about 2-4 thousand give or take.

I could process this. Just curious where you where at in pricing.

I'm not commercial. I often do batches of 2-5 thousand at a time when I process my own brass. If you have 25 pounds I'm guessing you have roughly 1/2 to 2/3 of a homer bucket full. Which is likely about 2-4 thousand give or take.

I could process this. Just curious where you where at in pricing.

Do you want to quote me a price per 1000? Can you do and guarantee the quality of the work to process, deprime, swage, size, trim, clean and polish? tkdguy

These are Speer. I'm guessing military or police specification for use. Maybe NATO specifications??? I do know these were used by police.

I have reloaded these. I swaged them with the RCBS primer pocket swager. Pretty easy to process, but the primers were crimped.

image.jpeg

I'm guessing this is all LEO stuff as most agencies use Speer gold dot. I'm pretty sure they are swaged.

Funny thing is if you were a local friend of mine you would have dropped it off already like everyone else and said "here, do this..."

But we aren't buddies.

Sorry for my off the wall interjections, when reloading is a hobby..... you do a lot of brass prep for yourself and everyone else.

One thing I didn't notice is you never specified your headspace length. Do you have a rifle with custom lengths you want your HS at, or are you wanting mid SAAMI? Short side saami?

Would you like them to add powder and seat the bullet also?
Commercial quality? You mean inferior to a good handloader?
Unless these were fired in your gun, resizing will require checking in your gun to ensure they chamber or, possibly, excessive sizing them which could lead to head separations down the road—particularly if the LEOs shot them in full auto.

I ended up sending 26 pounds to BulleyeProcessedBrass.Com in Indiana. The shop owner spoke to me several times along with one of their staff. Very friendly and informative. I do not think this was expensive. I was able to get the entire 26 pounds in one of the larger US Postal Priority Boxes--but not the super sized ones. I think this is a very good way to go if you have alot of cases to do and limited time to do this your self I think they estimated I had 1800 hundred. I thought I had more but I did not.

The turn around time was about a week. I would have to say that these folks were very personable. The owner of the company did the direct emailing with me. I think his name was Curt.

i would have had this work done locally but could not find a local commercial processor. I wanted to insure reliability of function. If I could have found a local full service that could have processed I would have had the work done here. tkdguy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top