JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

After shooting my first match, the next upgrade I want to make is to get a real competition belt. I've been researching Black Scorpion, Blade Tech, and Double Alpha. A friend also highly recommends Safari land.

Thoughts?

My recommendation?

Don't get into the high dollar equipment race. Go to a few more matches with just your standard gear. Ask around the matches and see what others are using before committing a whole bunch of money.

First it's a belt, then Mag holders, a holster and a shot timer. Next you will be getting a race gun, another holster, new mag holders, a GoPro camera for your hat, custom designer safety glasses with interchangeable mirrored lenses in various interstellar colors for varying light, a custom shooting shirt covered with patches from gun manufacturers that don't sponsor you and several pairs of really ugly cargo shorts.

My recommendation?
several pairs of really ugly cargo shorts.

I skipped ahead to this one. ;) I did ask around at the match and the guys in my squad seemed to favor Blade Tech. Just looking for other opinions on here. I hear you on the gear race. It does look like a slippery slope. I figured $50 wasn't too bad a way to start not looking like a total noob. I will admit that hanging my gear - much of it came with my XDm - on a good leather belt seemed to work fine.

Anyone have an "avoid" to share?

If you want a good stiff two part belt, CR Speed. Double Alpha 2nd choice, Safariland #3.
My wife has a purple belt from an outfit called FBC Tactical in New York. Hand made to order,
it's one heck of a belt---but not at the cheap end of the scale.
Get a belt that has the fuzzy part of the velcro on the inner belt, and the hooks on the outer.
I KNOW CR Speed and FBC are this way. Safariland has the hooks on the inner belt. I wear my
inner belt all day on match day, and when I don't have the outer belt on the hooky inner belts
stick to everything!

Seriously---if you are getting along fine with a leather belt, stay with that for a while. Shoot another
half dozen matches before you start buying stuff. You will have a much better idea of what you
need.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads