JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's like asking what my favorite flavor should be.....:D

I've got a G21 with a KKM barrel that's perfect. Runs my .45 Osprey just fine. Easy to recommend, got many rounds through that combo.

Of course, the Osprey runs great on my 92FS in 9mm, my Glock 23 in .40 and the Glock 23 with a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel conversion. Great can.

Good luck - B.B.S.

Last Edited:
I have a HK Tactical coupled with an Osprey and have very few complaints about it.
I considered the HK USP at first, but I didn't like the fatter grip width in my hand. (12 vs 10) rds
The USP comes with an adjustable trigger and the taller night sights, so that was a positive plus, but in the end, it all came down to how it felt in my hand.
The factory trigger is just where I would adjust it to, so I haven't considered changing the trigger group.
I swapped out the lower factory sights and installed some Heinie Straight Eights night sights and I'm very pleased with the set up.
HK has improved the latest model 45T with better sights and cleaned up the radius where the trigger guard meets the mag release.

I don't have any cockpit time with it, but the FN FNX-tactical sure looks nice, already cut for an RMR. One may end up in the safe, sooner than later. FYI my G21 is an old one, a Gen1 pistol with a factory 5lb connector and Trijicon sights. The KKM is a quality barrel, no regrets there.

I have a HK Tactical coupled with an Osprey and have very few complaints about it.
I considered the HK USP at first, but I didn't like the fatter grip width in my hand. (12 vs 10) rds
The USP comes with an adjustable trigger and the taller night sights, so that was a positive plus, but in the end, it all came down to how it felt in my hand.
The factory trigger is just where I would adjust it to, so I haven't considered changing the trigger group.
I swapped out the lower factory sights and installed some Heinie Straight Eights night sights and I'm very pleased with the set up.
HK has improved the latest model 45T with better sights and cleaned up the radius where the trigger guard meets the mag release.

I have had 2 P30s as well as 2 USPs and a MK23 and I fully agree with your post. the MK23 and the USP feel like holding a brick. the P30, like it belongs in your hand.

My favorite HK to host the Osprey is my vintage P9s.
It has a fixed barrel, so you use a spacer in lieu of the suppressor's Nielson devise.
It's a solid tank of a 9mm pistol.
It's super accurate, and if your right thumb is as strong as a gorillas, you can manually cock/de-cock the hammer.

I am leaning to getting a HK 45 Tactical as a host for my AAC Ti-rant. Are there others you guys can recommend?

How about an H&K MK23,I know they are expensive and relatively hard to find the one I shot was supremely accurate and pretty quiet.

My second vote would be for de lisle carbine,one of the most quiet guns made.

How about an H&K MK23,I know they are expensive and relatively hard to find the one I shot was supremely accurate and pretty quiet.

My second vote would be for de lisle carbine,one of the most quiet guns made.
I owned one, Its on my short list but its several hundred more then a Hk45, and its huge. The good thing is it would be great to have a bulletproof, match grade pistol if all hell breaks loose.

The FN grip is more square than the Glock. Hard for me to rate cause I have big hands that fit most ,but the smallest grips.But the grip feels a little smaller to me
I'm not sure about the trigger.I sold my FN 40 because of the lousy trigger. Have they improved it any/

This is my current roster... I had a G 21 and a USP tactical in the past, neither was a great for for me, though I'd like to try the 21SF..

My favorite is the 1911, I've always had a soft spot for those and it fits me well and I shoot them well, that one has a Storm Lake "drop in" threaded barrel, works great.... Of the other guns, the M&P is the (my) winner, the ergo's are great, it's a soft shooter, utterly reliable and accurate. It's also the cheapest, AIM has them for $350 + around $140 for a threaded barrel...I picked this one up from another member here and he'd had trigger work work done by ATEI. So it has a great trigger.
The FN is competent as are the HK and the Sig 227, but the HK and FN are very muzzle flippy and, as I shoot high thumbs riding the safety, I keep de cocking the HK mid string. Despite messing around with the different backstraps, the HK and FN feel blocky, especially the FN which has an almost square frontstrap. The 227 does everything it's supposed to and it feels good in the hand to boot. I'd put it ahead of the FN and HK.
All this is subjective as I have relatively dainty hands, you might have bear paws....

D9844195-006D-4A19-932D-11DD05AF6E1C_zpspzfvbabm.jpg

Last Edited:
I'm still digging my 227 I got from JC Weaponry. I had tons of problems with 1911 and FN. My glock 21sf was nice but felt like a brick. I have also had great luck with HK but ultimately just shoot sigs better.

IMAG0357_zpsdudjyvt0.jpg

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top