JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yet another fascinating look at a much-loved percussion revolver made famous during the ACW - the story of the variations, and of the plain and simply 'lying in their teeth' that went on by followers of the Colt revolvers in their effort to badmouth the newcomer Remington. The fascinating look at what REALLY happens when the trigger is squeezed and the amazing commotion of the percussion cap that goes a long way to explaining how a chain-fire might occur - set off from one worn-out nipple to the adjacent one.

Enjoy.

Yet another fascinating look at a much-loved percussion revolver made famous during the ACW - the story of the variations, and of the plain and simply 'lying in their teeth' that went on by followers of the Colt revolvers in their effort to badmouth the newcomer Remington. The fascinating look at what REALLY happens when the trigger is squeezed and the amazing commotion of the percussion cap that goes a long way to explaining how a chain-fire might occur - set off from one worn-out nipple to the adjacent one.

Enjoy.

I'm not familiar with the old model army but thegun works has an original new model army for sale. Pretty spendy though. Uberti makes a nice reproduction of the new model army. Never held the pietta ones. I've only shot 45 LC in mine so far (with a conversion cylinder) but holy moly is it accurate when shooting offhand. Perhaps largely due to the trigger, not sure why.

Hmmmm, think I'll give Suzi a call about that. See, here in UK we can buy a real antique cap and ball handgun without any documentation - it's if we want to SHOOT it that things get difficult.... :(

Edit . It's .36cal :(

Hmmmm, think I'll give Suzi a call about that. See, here in UK we can buy a real antique cap and ball handgun without any documentation - it's if we want to SHOOT it that things get difficult.... :(

Edit . It's .36cal :(
I'll have to look around seems like I saw a couple of these somewhere but I don't recall where. I've seen the short barrel version (police maybe it was called?) converted to 38 rimfire for sure but can't recall where I saw BP.

I'm not familiar with the old model army but thegun works has an original new model army for sale. Pretty spendy though. Uberti makes a nice reproduction of the new model army. Never held the pietta ones. I've only shot 45 LC in mine so far (with a conversion cylinder) but holy moly is it accurate when shooting offhand. Perhaps largely due to the trigger, not sure why.

Cartridge-firing modern-made replica? Prohibited firearm here on Mainland UK. Fine if you live in Northern Ireland, though. and impossible if you live on the Republic of Ireland.

Found one here in UK - sadly, at £6800 it's way over my spend limit.............................. Much as I'm agin it, I might have to stump for a replication.
Replicas are around $350-$450 here depending on finish and brand. The uberti 1858 carbine (name is innacurate but that's what they call it) with stock and 18" barrel is $530 (blued finish only).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top