JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Howdy -

I have an old Remington 700 in .308 Winchester. Back story: my uncle who owned the gun before me chopped the barrel to make it a bush gun - the stock is beat up, and barrel was cracked at the crown. I bought it, put a nice pac-nor barrel on it almost 10 years ago, and now it's getting to the point I need to refinish/replace the stock. The trigger is awesome, the receiver is stout and strong, and the barrel is super-match grade. The problem is the barrel is very large - when I had the barrel ordered, the 'smith working on the gun floated the barrel on glass, but had to etch away so much wood, the stock became fragile at grip-end of the stock.

The gun is a hunting rifle, and I enjoy my time on the bench as well. Is there a stock you guys recommend that I can adjust length of pull, still be light enough to carry in the woods, and take the wide barrel? Also, I am inquiring about fluting the barrel to improve the balance in the new stock, which may be lighter than the original? Thoughts and comments appreciated!

I put a HS Precision pro-series sporter stock on my 700 and love it so far. Aluminum bedding, very lightweight, good recoil pad, super rigid. My accuracy came back (had it in a choate synthetic noodle for a couple years) to where it used to be <1 MOA. I also considered bell & carlson but I have a mountain profile barrel and couldn't find a very good match.

They are a little spendy, but for me well worth the price.

<broken link removed>

The adjustable LOP might have to be a tactical stock, but for a relatively heavy barrel I might think about the M40A1.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top