JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Howdy -

I have an old Remington 700 in .308 Winchester. Back story: my uncle who owned the gun before me chopped the barrel to make it a bush gun - the stock is beat up, and barrel was cracked at the crown. I bought it, put a nice pac-nor barrel on it almost 10 years ago, and now it's getting to the point I need to refinish/replace the stock. The trigger is awesome, the receiver is stout and strong, and the barrel is super-match grade. The problem is the barrel is very large - when I had the barrel ordered, the 'smith working on the gun floated the barrel on glass, but had to etch away so much wood, the stock became fragile at grip-end of the stock.

The gun is a hunting rifle, and I enjoy my time on the bench as well. Is there a stock you guys recommend that I can adjust length of pull, still be light enough to carry in the woods, and take the wide barrel? Also, I am inquiring about fluting the barrel to improve the balance in the new stock, which may be lighter than the original? Thoughts and comments appreciated!

I put a HS Precision pro-series sporter stock on my 700 and love it so far. Aluminum bedding, very lightweight, good recoil pad, super rigid. My accuracy came back (had it in a choate synthetic noodle for a couple years) to where it used to be <1 MOA. I also considered bell & carlson but I have a mountain profile barrel and couldn't find a very good match.

They are a little spendy, but for me well worth the price.

<broken link removed>

The adjustable LOP might have to be a tactical stock, but for a relatively heavy barrel I might think about the M40A1.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews