JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They may be considered burglary tools.

Not sure how to interpret. I already keep bolt cutters and a sledge hammer in my truck so......

RCW 9A.52.060
Making or having burglar tools.

(1) Every person who shall make or mend or cause to be made or mended, or have in his or her possession, any engine, machine, tool, false key, pick lock, bit, nippers, or implement adapted, designed, or commonly used for the commission of burglary under circumstances evincing an intent to use or employ, or allow the same to be used or employed in the commission of a burglary, or knowing that the same is intended to be so used, shall be guilty of making or having burglar tools.
(2) Making or having burglar tools is a gross misdemeanor.

Is it legal to carry a lock picking set in WA and OR? I learned In CA, but I thought it was illegal to carry, so I usually didn't. A set would have saved me a lot of misery a few months ago.

I haven't looked at OR and WA laws yet. CA law has to do with intent. It's illegal to possess the tools IF your intent is to commit crime. So...in theory at least...it's perfectly legal in CA to have and carry the tools. In practice...much depends on the police officer you're dealing with. A cop could easily just decide to arrest you and let the system figure out what your intent was.

I don't view this any differently than I view CA gun laws. Regardless of the actual legal statute and standing, much can depend on the particular officer you're dealing with. And many of them simply do not know the firearms laws very well. So it's pretty much a crapshoot. But this is life in CA.

Now why would you want to learn this? You looking to do some thief work?

People say the same thing about gun owners. Why would you want a gun? Do you intend to commit crimes?

I simply say, "Because this is America. And because I CAN!" :)

In all seriousness though, it's always been something I've been curious about. Back in college I worked my way through school working in a garage. I got pretty good with Slim Jims and the various vehicle entry tools...all VERY legal as we dealt with a fair number of lockouts. But that got me curious about picking actual locks, but I never got around to really looking at it.

I just picked these up. 1 for wallet and 1 for BOB.

Capture+_2019-02-02-18-05-37.png

Access Card - Lock Pick Set

People say the same thing about gun owners. Why would you want a gun? Do you intend to commit crimes?

I simply say, "Because this is America. And because I CAN!" :)

In all seriousness though, it's always been something I've been curious about. Back in college I worked my way through school working in a garage. I got pretty good with Slim Jims and the various vehicle entry tools...all VERY legal as we dealt with a fair number of lockouts. But that got me curious about picking actual locks, but I never got around to really looking at it.
Lol!!!
I'm actually into this. Well I think about it.
But it's nothing like owning guns.
My buddy owns a large locksmith do is y here. He can pick anything. Any safe. Any lock.
It's just tumblers and a twist.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR