Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Reciprocity defeat margin engineered as speculated

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Trlsmn, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Reciprocity defeat margin engineered just as many had suspected.

Washington post article

I expect to see a lot of this "sorry almost passed but I had your back" games in the future".

The Democrats new slogan should be "We're behind you 100% until we have to be"

2. cameronhu

cameronhu Ridgefield, Wa Member

Good article. Thanks for posting.

3. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

No problem. ;)

4. cameronhu

cameronhu Ridgefield, Wa Member

Glad the Post called out Pryor by name. I hope word gets back to his constituents in Arkansas. Same for Casey, Bennet and Udall.

5. tionico

tionico Thurston County Well-Known Member

Funny thing is, this article stated as fact that the measure "that would have gutted state gun-control laws across the nation.".

No, establishing reciprocity for Concealed Weapon permits would do NO such thing. Liars!!!! ALL it would to is require any state to honour the CCW permit issued by any other state. ALL other existing gun laws in every state would remain in place. Those carrying concealed, under permit from any state, would be subject to the local laws of any state they visit. For example, I am certain California, New Jersey, Hawaii, and whoever else have magazine capacity limits would continue to enforce them... SO--- if I am caught in Sacramento with my Browning High Power with a loaded 13 round mag in it, I'd have violated California's capacity limit. I'd have to either have a ten rounder, or leave it unloaded.

THIS sort of misrepresentation of fact is part of why we've come to this pass.... such lies are not confronted and straightened round. Thus the public continues to fall victim to the manipulation of the media. And do nothing come election time to throw the bums out. Spineless turncoats like those who changed their minds at the last minute, checked to "see if it was OK", and such, should be the first ones turned out. Will they be?

6. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

It was pretty transparent that this was the case. Both sides keep playing this game. The republicans are soooo gun friendly now that they do not have votes to pass anything but where were they when they had a solid majority? The democrats want to try and let some officials that are up for election soon appear to be pro-gun but do not want to really pass anything. As long as there is a two party system all we will see is this game being repeated again and again. A strong third party is needed now. I hope campaign reform is done soon and done right. By right I mean in a way that does not exclude third party candidates from equal time and money.

7. ob1

ob1 49th parallel Well-Known Member

8. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

Now! Does ANYONE here still believe Schumer has no clout? That the long sitting Dems aren't engineering this crap?
    Schumer, Feinstein, Boxer and the rest are after your guns, and it's fairly obvious they know how to get them, while not requiring their Democrat colleagues to commit political suicide, so they can keep their supermajority.
    You can bet the next time an anti gun bill comes to the floor Sucky Chucky will be the political organizer, and things will get harder still.
    Maybe if the same observer that wrote this account covers the next one, the libs here will start to understand.