JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One factoid that's often overlooked is that there is NO NATO Standard for M-193 ammunition. The only 5.56mm ammo that was adopted as a "standard" by Nato was the M855. If one wants to refer to the mythical 5.56 mm Pressure "standard", then the only valid value will be for that of the M855.

M855 is also the subject that was tested in that article you linked. The one where it was about 5,000 PSI more powerful than all the other .223 rounds.

How hard do I have to argue to convince people that just a "seat of the pants" sort of feeling, I can tell that all the 5.56 I have fired feels more powerful than .223. The graphs back it up. People have said they have seen loads listed in manuals.

Does anybody have published data for the components I have?

Does anybody have published data showing that most 5.56 ammo is loaded to the same pressures as .223?

Thanks,
Bryan

M855 is also the subject that was tested in that article you linked. The one where it was about 5,000 PSI more powerful than all the other .223 rounds.

How hard do I have to argue to convince people that just a "seat of the pants" sort of feeling, I can tell that all the 5.56 I have fired feels more powerful than .223. The graphs back it up. People have said they have seen loads listed in manuals.

Does anybody have published data for the components I have?

Does anybody have published data showing that most 5.56 ammo is loaded to the same pressures as .223?

Thanks,
Bryan

Interesting that you relate "pressure" with recoil. Recoil is a function of muzzle velocity, bullet weight, and weight of powder charge. Many loads that produce lower pressures can often also produce higher speeds.

Just out of curiosity, when did you have your "pants" calibrated last :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top