JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Careful when you're at the range and the guy with the suppressors offers you to shoot his guns..... just like crack the first one is free... Before you know it you're setting up an NFA Gun Trust and planning out your next 12 months based on the charts from NFA Tracker.NFA Transfer Time Tracking NFA Reviews Form 1 Form 4 Tracking . And saying stuff like "Sorry honey I can't go to your brother's wedding since my Form 4 will probably be approved the week before".

But then you experience that rare, rare life-changing special day called "suppressor day" when your suppressor is released and it's all yours. Only the next day to be on https://www.silencershop.com/ looking for the next caliber to start the process all over again.

Haven't laughed this hard at a post in a while. You sound like you speak from experience, fellow addict. And yes, I've been travelling slowly down the Yellow (brass?) Casing Road trying to convince my wife, "Honest, this is the LAST one."

Then I mutter under my breath (for now...) Glad to have found a great group, this place rocks.
For the record, I've always been like a crack dealer when it comes to taking new people shooting. The first one's on me, but after that you have to pay! (For ammo, that is... ;))

I think I've corrupted over half my coworkers that way over the years. :D

Yes, I've taken up stamp collecting in the recent years. ;)

Honestly, the best advice I can give anyone on the NFA fence is if you're planning on buying one, do it now! People like to think they'll wait until the approval times come down, but that's still waiting! The other thing they forget is even if the wait times come down, they'd still be in line behind you if you filed now! He who hesitates, waits. ;)

In my opinion, everyone should have at least one .22 suppressor. They are more fun than you can imagine, and very useful too! Anyone willing to meet me at Tri-County is welcome to try a few out!

HA I was just writing my last post when @ConcernedCitizen posted this! So true on the NFA waits. Just commit and go about your biz. Agreed on the .22 suppressor. We use my 9mm as our 2nd .22. Just waiting for the other....few... to clear.

Careful when you're at the range and the guy with the suppressors offers you to shoot his guns..... just like crack the first one is free... Before you know it you're setting up an NFA Gun Trust and planning out your next 12 months based on the charts from NFA Tracker.NFA Transfer Time Tracking NFA Reviews Form 1 Form 4 Tracking . And saying stuff like "Sorry honey I can't go to your brother's wedding since my Form 4 will probably be approved the week before".

But then you experience that rare, rare life-changing special day called "suppressor day" when your suppressor is released and it's all yours. Only the next day to be on Gun Silencers For Sale Buy Silencer Pistol Rifle Shotgun looking for the next caliber to start the process all over again.
Shhh, I just got done offering people a chance to try them!

This sound INCREDIBLE! I need to find some for my .380 :) Thanks!
Hello @jleavy1977 . The G-Sight laser training cartridge is only available in .44 mag as far as I know. However, there are plenty of other brands designed for semiautos of various calibers including .380. Just look up "laser training cartridge .380" on Amazon. These cost more like $100, but you only need one. It fits in the chamber end of the barrel and is designed not to eject when the slide is racked. I think it would be more useful with a semi auto that has a hammer you can cock or a DA only or DA/SA semiauto than a striker fired semi auto. For the latter, you would have to rack the slide for every shot. However, I started with just one G-Sight 44mag laser cartridge, which required opening and repositioning the cylinder for each shot, which is more elaborate than racking a slide. And I still had lots of fun. Look for a design with a visible laser that you can shoot at targets of your own choice including all kinds of objects around the room rather than infared lasers that only work with special targets.

Correction: There is a G-Sight as well as a Cheapshot available in .380.

Last Edited:
Hello @jleavy1977 . The G-Sight laser training cartridge is only available in .44 mag as far as I know. However, there are plenty of other brands designed for semiautos of various calibers including .380. Just look up "laser training cartridge .380" on Amazon. These cost more like $100, but you only need one. It fits in the chamber end of the barrel and is designed not to eject when the slide is racked. I think it would be more useful with a semi auto that has a hammer you can cock or a DA only or DA/SA semiauto than a striker fired semi auto. For the latter, you would have to rack the slide for every shot. However, I started with just one G-Sight 44mag laser cartridge, which required opening and repositioning the cylinder for each shot, which is more elaborate than racking a slide. And I still had lots of fun. Look for a design with a visible laser that you can shoot at targets of your own choice including all kinds of objects around the room rather than infared lasers that only work with special targets.

I will look around, for sure. The .380 I have is an old Star SM-Super, considered to be a "mini-1911" that is a SA only that I can always cock the hammer to set up the next shot for the laser cartridge. GREAT little gun, and reliable as well. It was Star's competition model .380, with some extra features that the other .380's didn't have. I have some Snap-Caps for it now, but I like the idea of the laser lighting up a target when pulling the trigger... will probably get one soon!

Over 55 years of addiction.... I feel a little like Keith Richards :p

One comment, most of the really cool guns can no longer be bought new :)
About new versus used guns. I think it depends on the manufacturer and what exactly you care about. With SW revolvers of conventional design and made of steel, for example, I simply won't buy new. I find the unnecessary lock philosophically irritating. In addition, the fit and finish do not match those of older pre-lock revolvers. But I'm not after really old guns, either, because for me, stainless steel is a requirement. But there are features you can get only in new or current guns. There are titanium .44 mags that give you 6rds of .44 and a full size frame and 4 inch barrel for less than 30 oz. And 8-shot .357s. If you want those you have to buy new or recent guns.

Hello everyone in NWFA! A buddy of mine turned me in to this site, glad to have found it!

Grew up in the Coos and did NOT know anything about firearms until my 40th birthday - bought my first gun Nov.2017, found out that the darned things are incredibly addictive! Have a bunch now...lol. Still want more, too!

Thanks for being here, much appreciated
d665394f4539b899e091cfb60d77818ee09a2333f1e93fd04e18e389a4d77518.jpg

Hello everyone in NWFA! A buddy of mine turned me in to this site, glad to have found it!

Grew up in the Coos and did NOT know anything about firearms until my 40th birthday - bought my first gun Nov.2017, found out that the darned things are incredibly addictive! Have a bunch now...lol. Still want more, too!

Thanks for being here, much appreciated
Welcome!

"The greatest joy in life is to begin". -some Buddhist.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top