JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome! Quality firearms fed with quality ammo makes for a much more enjoyable experience. Start saving your brass, when that day comes you want to start reloading you will appreciate that milk crate in the garage of your range pick ups. (Also why you don't want Aluminum or steel casings!)

Be careful on here man the addiction is real. I thought I was immune: I'm a poor medical student, anti-gun parents, always used to vote anti-gun because I thought I knew everything about it you know how it goes. Then I got here and 7 weeks later I'm broke, I've bought 7 different guns and sold 2, I'm hoarding ammo and reloading (by hand with the old school lee loader) Like I'm a chipmunk in November and seriously reconsidering some of my political affiliations:eek:. Don't get me wrong i'm having a great time but I've seen people get less into meth. Basically don't pick up any milsurps, thats what got me :D

Be careful on here man the addiction is real. I thought I was immune: I'm a poor medical student, anti-gun parents, always used to vote anti-gun because I thought I knew everything about it you know how it goes. Then I got here and 7 weeks later I'm broke, I've bought 7 different guns and sold 2, I'm hoarding ammo and reloading (by hand with the old school lee loader) Like I'm a chipmunk in November and seriously reconsidering some of my political affiliations:eek:. Don't get me wrong i'm having a great time but I've seen people get less into meth. Basically don't pick up any milsurps, thats what got me :D

Take your antigun freinds shooting and get them addicted !!!!

Welcome from the gun-totin old broad contingent.

If you wanna get really addicted to playing with and dry firing a gun, try getting a .44 mag revolver and 6 G-sight 44 mag laser training cartridges. ($40 to $50 each at Amazon. You can start with one and add more as your addiction grows.) (These are cartridge shaped lasers that fit into the cylinder holes and have a button activating the laser in the position where the primer ordinarily is. When you pull the trigger you get a bright flash of red light that travels down the barrel.) Then make quarter size rings in the center of dozens of index cards and tape them all over the walls at different positions and heights. Keep the gun loaded with the laser cartridges handy where you can easily pick it up each time you get up from your bed or desk or go to the bathroom.

What you can do on the first shot or two matters way more than what you can do after shooting dozens of rounds, as we normally do when practicing. My shooting skills improved profoundly during a year when I could shoot in my back yard, and shot at least a couple of shots, often no more, every day. The laser cartridges give me the equivalent of shooting dozens of first shots every day.

If you think your addiction is bad now, just wait until the dealers and pushers keep trying to tempt you with the stronger stuff, the more exotic stuff.

I know what you're thinking. "I'll never try the hard stuff; I'm just going to stick with what I'm using." Sure, you say that now, but sooner or later someone's going to hand you an SBR without you realizing what it is.

One hit of the concussion and you're hooked before you know it. The next thing you know, you're spending $200 at a time trying to get your fix. You've come to terms with your new addiction, but you're telling yourself "This is where it stops!"

You're strong, you hold out for a while, but suddenly you find yourself in the wrong crowd. Someone passes you a smoking suppressor, encouraging you to try it. You try to politely turn down the offer, but then peer pressure kicks in.

Comments like "Try it, you'll love it!", "You won't believe how much fun this is!", and "It's safer than you think!" bombard you, overwhelming your resolve. You convince yourself that just one shot won't hurt, but before you realize it you're knocking back magazine after magazine, to the point where you are now giggling like a schoolgirl and grinning like a drunken idiot!

BAM!!! That's when it suddenly hits you... :eek:

You have NFAids! :s0107:

Dun-Dun-Dunnn!!!
giphy (66)-min.gif

Hello everyone in NWFA! A buddy of mine turned me in to this site, glad to have found it!

Grew up in the Coos and did NOT know anything about firearms until my 40th birthday - bought my first gun Nov.2017, found out that the darned things are incredibly addictive! Have a bunch now...lol. Still want more, too!

Thanks for being here, much appreciated

Hello my name is FireArm and I too am a firearms addict,
We are all in different stages of recovery here at Northwestfirearms, and we accept you for you and will gladly buy, sell or trade firearms with you from now until the end of society, after that they will be priceless so hold on to them with your life and make every bullet count. Welcome friendo!

Welcome from the gun-totin old broad contingent.

If you wanna get really addicted to playing with and dry firing a gun, try getting a .44 mag revolver and 6 G-sight 44 mag laser training cartridges. ($40 to $50 each at Amazon. You can start with one and add more as your addiction grows.) (These are cartridge shaped lasers that fit into the cylinder holes and have a button activating the laser in the position where the primer ordinarily is. When you pull the trigger you get a bright flash of red light that travels down the barrel.) Then make quarter size rings in the center of dozens of index cards and tape them all over the walls at different positions and heights. Keep the gun loaded with the laser cartridges handy where you can easily pick it up each time you get up from your bed or desk or go to the bathroom.

What you can do on the first shot or two matters way more than what you can do after shooting dozens of rounds, as we normally do when practicing. My shooting skills improved profoundly during a year when I could shoot in my back yard, and shot at least a couple of shots, often no more, every day. The laser cartridges give me the equivalent of shooting dozens of first shots every day.

This sound INCREDIBLE! I need to find some for my .380 :) Thanks!

If you think your addiction is bad now, just wait until the dealers and pushers keep trying to tempt you with the stronger stuff, the more exotic stuff.

I know what you're thinking. "I'll never try the hard stuff; I'm just going to stick with what I'm using." Sure, you say that now, but sooner or later someone's going to hand you an SBR without you realizing what it is.

One hit of the concussion and you're hooked before you know it. The next thing you know, you're spending $200 at a time trying to get your fix. You've come to terms with your new addiction, but you're telling yourself "This is where it stops!"

You're strong, you hold out for a while, but suddenly you find yourself in the wrong crowd. Someone passes you a smoking suppressor, encouraging you to try it. You try to politely turn down the offer, but then peer pressure kicks in.

Comments like "Try it, you'll love it!", "You won't believe how much fun this is!", and "It's safer than you think!" bombard you, overwhelming your resolve. You convince yourself that just one shot won't hurt, but before you realize it you're knocking back magazine after magazine, to the point where you are now giggling like a schoolgirl and grinning like a drunken idiot!

BAM!!! That's when it suddenly hits you... :eek:

You have NFAids! :s0107:

Dun-Dun-Dunnn!!!
View attachment 572397

Haven't laughed this hard at a post in a while. You sound like you speak from experience, fellow addict. And yes, I've been travelling slowly down the Yellow (brass?) Casing Road trying to convince my wife, "Honest, this is the LAST one."

Then I mutter under my breath (for now...) Glad to have found a great group, this place rocks.

Welcome! Quality firearms fed with quality ammo makes for a much more enjoyable experience. Start saving your brass, when that day comes you want to start reloading you will appreciate that milk crate in the garage of your range pick ups. (Also why you don't want Aluminum or steel casings!)

Thanks for the tip - I'll be sure to start collecting casings and storing them in one of the 5-gal buckets my wife keeps telling me I don't need.

Here's a piece of advice I wish I had learned early. Skip the "junk gun" category. Buy quality instead of quantity. Skip the Hipoints, Jenings, Taurus (except their clones of SW, Colt, Beretta), Rossi, and the other bargain bin guns and accessories. In that same vein, skip the junk holsters, junk belts, and anything cheap or junky. Avoid anything Promag or USmag. These junk items are more headache and cost in the long run.

In my opinion, stick with the major top brands Sig, CZ, Glock, HK, Walther, XD, Colt, SW, Ruger. Buy quality belts, quality holsters, quality mags, etc.

Yeah, I've always been a "quality over quantity" guy for most things. Thanks!

Haven't laughed this hard at a post in a while. You sound like you speak from experience, fellow addict. And yes, I've been travelling slowly down the Yellow (brass?) Casing Road trying to convince my wife, "Honest, this is the LAST one."

Then I mutter under my breath (for now...) Glad to have found a great group, this place rocks.
Yes, I've taken up stamp collecting in the recent years. ;)

Honestly, the best advice I can give anyone on the NFA fence is if you're planning on buying one, do it now! People like to think they'll wait until the approval times come down, but that's still waiting! The other thing they forget is even if the wait times come down, they'd still be in line behind you if you filed now! He who hesitates, waits. ;)

In my opinion, everyone should have at least one .22 suppressor. They are more fun than you can imagine, and very useful too! Anyone willing to meet me at Tri-County is welcome to try a few out!

And if you think my last post was ridiculous, you should see some of the stuff I've posted in the Classifieds... :p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top