JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone in NWFA! A buddy of mine turned me in to this site, glad to have found it!

Grew up in the Coos and did NOT know anything about firearms until my 40th birthday - bought my first gun Nov.2017, found out that the darned things are incredibly addictive! Have a bunch now...lol. Still want more, too!

Thanks for being here, much appreciated

If you're looking for anything other than affirmation in firearms, you've come to the wrong place.
We'll always help you spend money and support your impulse decisions to buy another gun.

Welcome aboard!

I'm here for ya man. And as we know even if they ban them we will just turn to the harder guns.... Because it's an addiction.

The great part about this addiction is it increases testosterone, mediates ADHD, and helps protect friends and family which is way better then most addictions.

It's an addiction that overall saves more lives then it harms. Can ya say the same about meth?

So congratulations on your new addiction.

86028CBE-A6A8-46C3-A1D2-14C43C1C0E7A.jpeg

Here's a piece of advice I wish I had learned early. Skip the "junk gun" category. Buy quality instead of quantity. Skip the Hipoints, Jenings, Taurus (except their clones of SW, Colt, Beretta), Rossi, and the other bargain bin guns and accessories. In that same vein, skip the junk holsters, junk belts, and anything cheap or junky. Avoid anything Promag or USmag. These junk items are more headache and cost in the long run.

In my opinion, stick with the major top brands Sig, CZ, Glock, HK, Walther, XD, Colt, SW, Ruger. Buy quality belts, quality holsters, quality mags, etc.

Welcome and let me echo leadcounsel's advice to buy quality instead of quantity. The members can help educate you here so training doesn't need to become a huge expense. On that note, one of my favorite websites for training ideas and free downloadable targets is the late Todd Green's pistol-training dot com. Enjoy the sport and stay safe!

Often, the cost difference between high quality and low often isn't much.

Buy high quality.

Let me add: If you go the 'used gun route' be absolutely certain you do your homework/research into the gun you're interested in.

Oftentimes, the seller is asking for the cost of new or even beyond, yep, it happens all to frequently...caveat emptor.

Last Edited:
Here's a piece of advice I wish I had learned early. Skip the "junk gun" category. Buy quality instead of quantity
let me echo leadcounsel's advice to buy quality
Buy high quality
Agree with this 100%.

After my ex stole (and sold) my guns I went about rebuilding my "collection" with a bit of a vengeance. While I knew enough to avoid junk, I did make a couple of missteps along the way by buying guns that I rarely (if ever) use but have little-to-no resale value. For example my Springfield Armory 4.5" XDM .40... A great piece bought at a reasonable price, but comes with an immediate depreciation that probably could have been minimized by the purchase of a similar Glock or M&P. The main reason I still own it is because the dollar-loss is unacceptable to me... the trope of "cheaper to keep 'er" jumps to mind (in a couple of contexts).

That said, I don't buy guns with the expectation of reselling, but resale value is a part of the decision-making process now.

Welcome to NWFA!

Last Edited:
Welcome to the asylum.

I have a very specific addiction. The SIGness. Not just any SIGs either. SIG handguns. Not just any SIG handguns - specifically P series "classic" metal framed DA/SA handguns - e.g., P224, 229, 226 and 227.

I have it mostly under control - I haven't bought a SIG handgun in months, but I do have small relapses; I just bought a .40 slide and 9mm barrel. This morning I was shopping for mags for my 224.:oops::(

Welcome to the asylum.

I have a very specific addiction. The SIGness. Not just any SIGs either. SIG handguns. Not just any SIG handguns - specifically P series "classic" metal framed DA/SA handguns - e.g., P224, 229, 226 and 227.

I have it mostly under control - I haven't bought a SIG handgun in months, but I do have small relapses; I just bought a .40 slide and 9mm barrel. This morning I was shopping for mags for my 224.:oops::(

Did you catch the German Sig flu ?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR