JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Some guns came with a safety warning stamped on them that read : read the owners manual to this firearm ect before using .on the gun stamped or casted on the gun. Is it legal to remove that .? I know the import stamps can not. I'm refinishing a project and trying to clean it up.
Please advise

Lol..Reminds me of the guy in PeeWee's Big Adventure movie that was doing hard time for cutting the 'Do not remove' tag off a mattress

Sorry, I'm no help :)

I would "think" it would be fine. It's only a cover your butt attempt from the manufacturer so they can avoid lawsuits

Never head of the law against removing the import stamps...
Guys do this a lot with replica guns :
Uberti cap and ball revolvers...
Pedersoli Muskets and rifles...
Are often "defarbed" ...usually just to give the firearm a more period look....but every once in a awhile to pass off a replica as a original...

One cool little trick to use to see if the "original" is really a replica in disguise... is to try a metric screw in the frame , tang etc...
Originals do not use metric screws...

As to removing the "Warning read manual " stamping...I would think that it would be okay to do so....
But then again I am not a lawyer , nor play one on TV....:D
Just be careful , to not remove too much of the barrel metal , breech metal etc...when doing so.
Andy

Never seen that warning on a new firearm before. Last 2 new rifles I bought had the Manual in a plastic Ziploc bag Zip Tied to the Trigger Guard. Plastic Baggie had Read the Manual labeled on it. As Far as I am concerned RTFM is a good policy. I also remove the tags on Pillows and Mattresses I buy. The warnings can only legally be removed by the Purchaser.

You can't remove it and the FBI are on the way cause you intend to do so. :rolleyes:

You can remove it, the manufacturer only puts it on there just as a CYA. It annoys me to see it on a barrel, more so on an imported rifle.

You can't remove it and the FBI are on the way cause you intend to do so. :rolleyes:

You can remove it, the manufacturer only puts it on there just as a CYA. It annoys me to see it on a barrel, more so on an imported rifle.
This one has it casted as apart of the trigger housing . It looks like someone did start to remove it but never finished so it looks like hell now .I know you can't remove import info of a surplus handgun .it uglys stuff up in a hurry

Some guns came with a safety warning stamped on them that read : read the owners manual to this firearm ect before using .on the gun stamped or casted on the gun. Is it legal to remove that .? I know the import stamps can not. I'm refinishing a project and trying to clean it up.
Please advise

I have had it done by Smiths on Ruger pistols. When they started printing half the manual on the barrel and I wanted one shortened they buffed all of it off to make the job look nice. The last time was a while back but I have never read of them passing some new law saying you can't. I suspect if they did that would be added to the crap stamped there

I have had it done by Smiths on Ruger pistols. When they started printing half the manual on the barrel and I wanted one shortened they buffed all of it off to make the job look nice. The last time was a while back but I have never read of them passing some new law saying you can't. I suspect if they did that would be added to the crap stamped there

If the had there way the gun would need to be made larger to write more crap on it .

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top