JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What are some unconventional reloading tips and tricks you have learned? If you have a reloading idea that doesn't fit the script, post it here. Examples could be case conversions, die usage outside of labeled cartridge, bullet sizing from one caliber to a different caliber, etc.

Last Edited:
TIL that you can convert 284 brass into 450 Bushmaster. Unfortunately 284 brass is even more expensive than 450 BM brass. Hopefully a good deal on some used 284 cases will show up in classifieds. I would like to try this. 450 BM brass is hard to find right now.

something I posted on Long Range Hunting.

Very nice!

I need to get one of those neck turning tools. I read that you can make a stepped base on plain base cast bullets so you can install gas checks on them.

Cool calibers. I've looked at the three heavy AR15 calibers and if I remember the 450 Bush was the best of the three. Have considered building one, but too many irons in the fire.

Have you tried powder coating?
I have some coated cast bullets that I will try. I thought about powder coating some plated bullets to see if that would allow them to be pushed faster. I also have some thick plate 9mm bullets from Berry's that are suppose to be good for up to 1500fps.

For beginners and Ol'Men with poor vision and memory problems.

Pick a powder that requires enough case volume so that you can't double charge your brass.

Example: 308 Winchester with 4895

:s0024:

For beginners and Ol'Men with poor vision and memory problems.

Pick a powder that requires enough case volume so that you can't double charge your brass.

Example: 308 Winchester with 4895

:s0024:
I may be wrong, but if one were to stay away from the faster burning powders and stay with medium to the slower burning powders it would be hard to double charge a case. As long as the case is more than half full it is impossible to double charge it and not have powder all over the place.

TIL that you can convert 284 brass into 450 Bushmaster. Unfortunately 284 brass is even more expensive than 450 BM brass. Hopefully a good deal on some used 284 cases will show up in classifieds. I would like to try this. 450 BM brass is hard to find right now.
I've used 284 Winchester for 7.5x55 Swiss, before reloadable brass was readily available. Now days the 284 brass is worth more than 7.5 brass.

If you need 450 Bushmaster brass, let me know. I have some that I've accumulated, and I don't use that caliber.

I've used 284 Winchester for 7.5x55 Swiss, before reloadable brass was readily available. Now days the 284 brass is worth more than 7.5 brass.

If you need 450 Bushmaster brass, let me know. I have some that I've accumulated, and I don't use that caliber.
I will pm you about 450 brass.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top