JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a rifle barrel I need to true/re-crown after cutting. I can take it to a smith and get it back in about a week but it would be nice to have it faster. Anyone in the Tacoma area have the tools to crown a 8x57 barrel that will let me use, buy or pay them for their time?

When I wanted this done in a hurry I ordered a crown cutting "reamer" and pilot from Brownells. 3 days later the barrel was recrowned and looked far better than some of the "lathe jobs" I've seen. In a big hurry, order early, use Next Day Air Morning Delivery. Will probably total to less than what a 'smith will charge and you could be finished

Better yet, having the tool allows you to "fix" a crown if it gets damaged/worn.

When I wanted this done in a hurry I ordered a crown cutting "reamer" and pilot from Brownells. 3 days later the barrel was recrowned and looked far better than some of the "lathe jobs" I've seen. In a big hurry, order early, use Next Day Air Morning Delivery. Will probably total to less than what a 'smith will charge and you could be finished

Better yet, having the tool allows you to "fix" a crown if it gets damaged/worn.

I've had good luck with the Dave Kiff kit.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top