JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a rifle barrel I need to true/re-crown after cutting. I can take it to a smith and get it back in about a week but it would be nice to have it faster. Anyone in the Tacoma area have the tools to crown a 8x57 barrel that will let me use, buy or pay them for their time?

When I wanted this done in a hurry I ordered a crown cutting "reamer" and pilot from Brownells. 3 days later the barrel was recrowned and looked far better than some of the "lathe jobs" I've seen. In a big hurry, order early, use Next Day Air Morning Delivery. Will probably total to less than what a 'smith will charge and you could be finished

Better yet, having the tool allows you to "fix" a crown if it gets damaged/worn.

When I wanted this done in a hurry I ordered a crown cutting "reamer" and pilot from Brownells. 3 days later the barrel was recrowned and looked far better than some of the "lathe jobs" I've seen. In a big hurry, order early, use Next Day Air Morning Delivery. Will probably total to less than what a 'smith will charge and you could be finished

Better yet, having the tool allows you to "fix" a crown if it gets damaged/worn.

I've had good luck with the Dave Kiff kit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top