JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I watched a raw video off of The Warning Signs that was very informative, but was removed. When I search youtube it is just a rehash. I know Japan censors most of the vid that comes out, but does anyone have info on a site or link that shows the raw vid that made it out? So tired of being told of what I should or cannot see. There is nothing new, and we all know that Japan has great tech, and the vid load can only be controlled by censoring. So where is it? So tired of seeing vid cam of news coverage from usa. Just trying to prep, thx.

on the day of the quake I watched hours of raw video of the tsunami. Not sure what you are looking for now. What are you trying to see that you don't believe you are able to watch? Walls of water 30 feet high racing along the ground...there is only so much of that to watch.

If you want to watch them cleaning up the dead decaying bodies and trash...well of course the Japanese government is sensitive about that kind of thing being broadcast worldwide....

I watched a raw video off of The Warning Signs that was very informative, but was removed. When I search youtube it is just a rehash. I know Japan censors most of the vid that comes out, but does anyone have info on a site or link that shows the raw vid that made it out? So tired of being told of what I should or cannot see. There is nothing new, and we all know that Japan has great tech, and the vid load can only be controlled by censoring. So where is it? So tired of seeing vid cam of news coverage from usa. Just trying to prep, thx.

Would be very interested in what watching a video of a tsunami would do to aid your prep...I must be missing something. There is no doubt the Japanese are very concerned with information control. TEPCO and the Japanese government are deep into the "face saving" game.

Thanks Thirtycal, that was what i was looking for.

Just looking for the wave action and how structures behave when hit with water or debris. Trying to figure out what the best options are when caught in a bad place. Would a 5 story hotel collapse into tinder,fall over, or just let the water blow through? And can you outrun it if traiffic is light. Not looking for the after effects. All the video I can find is cut in dramatic shots.

That is the type of video I was looking for during all of it. There is no real way to survive an attack from an enemy other than knowing your enemy. That video shows some amazing power, and the little amount of time you have to be prepared. I always say "Don't own anything you can't walk away from in 3 minutes", and you can see what that means in that video. There is no time for hesitation. I certainly wouldn't have gotten on the roof with a video camera, but that's just me.

My mother and grandmother live on the coast, so this is all good information to help them understand what they need to do when our coastal fault finally makes its big move. It is unfortunate what has happened to tsunami victims over the years, but it's best to learn from them to help prevent the lives lost in the future. We won't ever stop them, and we won't save property, but we can save lives.

Well said. I have had extensive water rescue training and viewing the vids can show you survivable areas, or where to look for victims. One of the most pronounced things I can see is the cars. It is amazing how long they float nose down, even in turbulant water.

I'm going to rely on an earthen berm to protect my house....it is a mixture of rock and dirt with some vegetation. Hopefully it will hold back a tsunami if the Cascadia plate does its worst. I even have a name for it, I call it the Cascade Range...:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top