JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When placing an ad in the classified section, how do I determine if the firearm/accessory I am putting up for sale is "rare" or "super rare"? :D

Edit...... to clarify my post.......I don't own anything rare or super rare. I'm just poking fun at ads that use phrases such as that.
E

Last Edited:
There is also another catagory called "unibtainium" and is usually left for special items not available but still highly desired.

If you have a item that to the best of your knowledge is truly a one of a kind, then Super Rare it is. One of the Winchester Model 1873 "One of a Thousand" Rifles might fit. Just Rare is harder to define. I guess if there are maybe 100K of the item it could be called Rare but that's just a guess.

And I'm of the opinion that the "Instant Collectables" that several Gun Companies have turned out over the years Simply don't meet either definition.

Just another sales pitch that appeals to the human nature of wanting the status of being one of the "haves" over the "have nots".

So many things in this world are about climbing to the top, and staying there. "Super rare"... it's usually some name-brand plastic POS :rolleyes:

I would say an Albanian SKS in pristine condition, with a good trigger would meet the criteria of rare, but not super rare.

Or a 1985 production MP5 F/A new in the box for $1200 would be super rare to me.

Or a 1985 production MP5 F/A new in the box for $1200 would be super rare to me.
Not having the production numbers for that Year; I can't say just how many were made(I'd guess more than a few), but the price would, I think, Qualify for the Super Rare. Now something like the Jack Ruby Gun with documents would qualify.

Ah, a question of the ages.. like what is a star and what is a superstar..

star-tattoo-shoulder-fame-celebrity-achievement-notoriety-luck-heavens-life.jpg

93f8d7142656fd9a7cdf5fe228673733.jpg

Rare at times can mean not seen often in usable / good or better condition...Case in point:
There are many North West Trade Guns and "Indian Trade" Rifles out there...but due to hard use and a long lifetime of use it is "rare" to find one in "good" or better shape.

I would guess it depends on the firearm , its features , history of production , area where used or sold etc...
Andy

Not having the production numbers for that Year; I can't say just how many were made(I'd guess more than a few), but the price would, I think, Qualify for the Super Rare. Now something like the Jack Ruby Gun with documents would qualify.
I just tossed in 1985 to indicate non dealer samples. I'm ignorant to thier actual production dates while still lusting for one...especially in 10mm suppressed

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top