JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All guns I sell are SUPER RARE.

In fact, I was selling a Glock once and the prospective buyer said, "this is a Glock, why are you saying that it's super rare?"

Me: "How many Glocks on the market have ever been owned and shot by ME!?"

You see...SUPER RARE! :D

Andy has it right, just because it's rare dosnt didn't mean it value is more then any thing else like it, or that any one out side a collector who is very specific in his wants and desires. Case in point, I own a 1 of 1 factory production automobile. Normally that would not only make it super rare it would also be super desireable, RIGHT? Not so fast, the details are that It was a show queen that was never really meant to be made in any numbers and by a car company who had just started up in the ultra high end and wanted to show off it's prowess. This car IS worth a fortune, but only to a very small Hand full of people, and then only if I were to restore it a certain way, and have all the documents to go with it! So right now, it's worth exactly what I paid for it, which wasn't that much!

Jeeze! Really dude? SARCASM!!!
I think I should say I'm Sorry but I'm not sure. I object to what was said and since I don't know the individual well enough to "know" when he's being sarcastic and he didn't post it that way. I've heard that kind of stuff way too often from what I consider "The Other Side" so I really don't like to hear it even in jest.

Rare and old does not equal high value. It is all about collector interest.:rolleyes:
Example I own what was my Grandfather's Colt 38 'New Service' double action revolver.
At the time it was purchased it was more money than the Colt SAA 45. Today
because of collector interest a SAA 45 Colt is worth thousands and my New
Service is worth maybe $400.:eek:

Two of my handguns that went straight from my hands to the Pattern Room Collection in 1997 were -

1. A .22cal Jurek Free pistol - Serial No 2.

2. A completely equipped 1935-made Walther Olympia .22 target pistol - two matching number mags and the full set of barrel weights and cleaning brushes in its blue velvet case. Lots were made, but mine was actually shot in the 1936 Olympic Games in Berlin, and I had the Berliner Morgenpost article and photographs showing it in use.

Rare?

Pretty much, solely by virtue of their place in shooting history.

tac

Someday, I want consecutive serial numbered 1903 or 03a3 Springfields. Which likely means looking for a match for one I already have. No reason or rhyme to it, just want it.
That would be rare to me...

Someday, I want consecutive serial numbered 1903 or 03a3 Springfields. Which likely means looking for a match for one I already have. No reason or rhyme to it, just want it.
That would be rare to me...

I wonder what the odds would be for that to happen?
Side story.........back when I worked at Larry's we had a retired full bird colonel bring in a in-the-box unfired S&W "Victory" model revolver in .38 S&W, a unfired in-the-box Korean War era 1911 (maybe WWII...it's been like 30 years ago), and what appeared to be a unfired 03A3. I bought the Victory model but I can't remember where the other two went.

We used to see some pretty cool firearms walk through the doors back then.

E

Last Edited:
If I sell a gun, or just show one to someone. I would never include ''Rare'' when describing it.
I may say these guns are ''desirable'' and have gone up in value. Or ''Guns like this one, in this condition are getting harder to find''.

Seams to me. People that are knowledgeable about a certain king of firearm. And interested in buying. Know the last time they saw one. And how the condition of mine compares to the average.

Nothing I have to say will change ''What the gun is''.

Now if it's a desirable gun [ I like the term desirable]. An old gun. And a gun in good to excellent condition?
Well then I need to consider the probability of my finding a gun in such condition? And the probability of ever seeing another one like it?

In a case like this. A collector doesn't need to be told it's ''Rare''.
If you know what your looking at. And the price is right? Just put down your greenbacks. And make it yours. ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top