JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I will start of be repeating the very first words that escaped my lips after firing the first round..."Whoa momma!"

Those two words pretty much sum up my first impressions with this firearm, but I will still bore you with the details.

FORM: What can I say, it is a Glock and it looks like a Glock. It is not as ugly as it could be since I do find the sub-compact guns to be attractive in a minimalist kind of way. They are almost elegant in their simplicity and that does appeal to a certain part of me. Not in the same way a stainless 1911 would appeal to me but it is appealing all the same.

FEATURES: Once again, it is a Glock. They are not know for additional do-dads or bells and whistles. It is listed as a sub-compact but it is in actuality a bit larger than the standard subs so it does have the addition of a rail...which is nice for a light or laser (which is something I may actually put on this gun since it is not a carry gun).

I did add a pearce extension the the grip for added pinky room.

FIT: As with looks, this is a category in which I feel the sub-compacts surpass the full sized pistols. The tolerances just seem tighter and the fit seems better. All-in-all it is a pretty well put together gun but Glock will never win a "tightest gun" award.

FUNCTION: In this category, saying "it is a Glock" is a very good thing. It certainly lived up to the Glock reputation of reliability and toughness.

I was shooting steel targets with it at 25-30 yards and the gun did very well. Shooting off hand I was hitting about 70% of the time on the 8" steel pivots. Which shows the gun is capable of doing it as long as I do my part. At closer range (10 yards) on stationary targets I could get small (abut 3-4") groups easily.

Double taps and quick follow ups were no problem. The gun pointed very well in my hand and seemed to naturally find it's way back on center.

One thing I will have to point out about this gun is the POWER. You really felt like you were shooting something that could do some damage. It would really swing the steel pivots around (they barely move with 9mm). The recoil was not bad either. It definitely felt more powerful than a .40S&W but felt more manageable too. The recoil was more like shooting a revolver round. It had a booming push instead of a cracking snap (if that makes any sense). Yet even with all that power the thick grip made the gun stable and easy to control. It was even comfortable one handed...although I would not want to shoot it that way all day.

FLAWS: I hate to cop out here, but I really cannot find any flaws. The gun is a point and shoot marvel. The platform and caliber mesh perfectly. It is not the perfect gun, but it is perfectly designed to be what it is and do what it does.

FINAL IMPRESSION: Buy this gun! I do not care if you like Glocks or not. If you like a powerful, affordable, and easy to use gun that is a blast to shoot, then buy this gun. It is worth every penny and you will not be sorry. Even the range officers that do not like Glocks loved shooting this gun today. They were amazed by it and it's performance and feel.

Glock29-1.jpg

Yeah we've all seen the pictures of the ballistics gel getting turned to jam with a 10mm. My dad has a S&W 10mm that I've wanted since I was a kid. I keep begging him for it, but one day I know it will be mine.

The only thing I don't like is cost/availability of ammo. This would definetly be a round to get you to start reloading.

Thanks for the post. I love reading about other firearms and how gun owners like them.

PP, that is the quality of pictures I'm use to from you! I have my first 10mm and am loving it! Once I get my gun fully broken in and where I can trust it fully it will be my carry pistol... and that was a very complete range report! Gongrats on the new tool/

I shot a 10mm Glock recently and ya, it was amazing how powerful it felt. Made the 9mm I have feel like a cap gun. I may soon shop for something with more power for HD.

Really good photo BTW....

great review, as others have stated, the only reason I don't go for one of these babies is the cost of ammo. Don't have the time to reload, so that option goes out the window.

I generally shoot 200gr XTP out of my 10mm's, but I don't have any compact pistols in that caliber. Unfortunately, Glocks don't fit my hand so I don't shoot the G20 I've got very often. I did get a replacement barrel that had a fully supported chamber though. The web bulges were getting ugly.

elsie

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads