JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for a range bag/pack, prefer one that doesn't look too 'tactical', wheels would be a plus but not required. Just need a place for a few guns, ammo, muffs, glasses. Nothing that screams range bag, if I need to stay in a hotel.

I like the roller one, but I'm not sure it would hold a full size M&P, or a 320 with a Romeo, or a Ruger Mark IV

This might work , but doesn't look plain enough.
or a taller version

Does anyone own a G.P.S. Outdoor Range Bag? Alternatives are also welcome.

Thanks!

I've never seen a GPS Rolling Range Bag, but the video looked good and the rolling or backpack options are nice if you have to travel long distances from the parking area to the range area. However, I'm not keen on the rolling option because I had a rolling luggage bag that lasted three flights before one wheel collapsed and had to be carried thereafter. Grrrrrr

On my last upgrade, I chose an Osage River range bag with a well thought out rugged design, pockets on all four sides, and included double hand-carry straps and a detachable shoulder carry strap. This is shown in the ad listed below.

There is plenty of space in the bag. I usually carry four handguns, at least 200 rounds of ammo, targeting gear, safety equipment, snack & beverages, along with tools and cloth mechanics rags to use as bench cushions for my guns while shooting and wrap-ups for transport to my gun room for cleaning. I laid the center area dividers down which opened up more storage options and I still have some free space after loading all that stuff.

Here is the bag offered by one vendor... Osage River Range Bag Coyote - Tan - Walmart.com

I still use a backpack, made to carry a laptop, along with another bag that is sold as a range bag but, to anyone seeing it looks like any other soft side bag. I had a Backpack for a long time that was made for a laptop and had wheels and handle. I used it until I wore the poor thing out. Also use for a long time a suitcase with handle and wheels that is made to be carry on OK. Sized to fit overhead on airline. Stamped Victornox like the knives. It was used for many years till it wore out. All of these do not say "range bag" to anyone looking at them and work great. I often had so much weight in them that I could barely pick them up to put on the bench at the range and they still lasted many years :D

I have two from NCStar
No wheels, but a small, folding wheeled cart can be used and I can stack bags or more stuff on top if needed. The green one is about 3-4 yrs old, the grey one is about 2.
20191101_030725.jpg
Each will hold several handguns in soft-sided gun cases, ammo, ear/eye pro, etc.

I use three bags and a stroller when I go to the range, but this may work for you; has several pockets for pistols and ammo, and long guns in the top:

4&op_usm=1,1,1,&qlt=70,1&hei=600&wid=600&align=0,1.jpg

Now that makes a great idea! I had never thought of that but people would just assume it was golf stuff and you could put a rifle in it! Damn nice idea.

Thx!

Yup, modify the plastic if you need to. And they come with a rain cover for the top that would disguise the stock(s).

Many people buy stroller type carriers for 2-gun/3-gun $100-$150 or so, but I use a modified two-wheel golf cart that cost me $5. :D

I just use one of those cheap big rolling duffle bags. The kind that collapse to small size when empty. Last range trip I had 3 ar type rifles, 2 sub guns, 3 pistols, mags, ammo, paper targets, ear and eye protection, a few small tools, tape, sharpie pens, small steel targets, extra warm clothes, etc all in one bag. I don't put the larger ar500 targets in there though.

The bags are inexpensive and water resistant. You can use rollers if on flat surface but most of the time I just carry or use shoulder strap. I've used the same one for about 3 years now. They cost about $15-$30 at Walmart or other places. They r also good for car travel or general purpose type bag. I don't check any bags when flying so I don't use them for long distance travel.

With this kind of bag u don't rely on the bags padding (there is none) for protection. I put guns in gun socks or you can use towels, fleece, warm clothes, or whatever for scratch protection. You determine amount of protection by what you put in there (fleece for example).

... I often had so much weight in them that I could barely pick them up to put on the bench at the range and they still lasted many years :D
I had a chuckle when I read this. I way, way overload the big duffle bags and keep expecting them to tear at the seams or something but they just keep on trucking somehow.

I tried to find the same model at Walmart but they don't sell it anymore. The old version was either $13 or $15 cant remember.

This one looks like the same style exactly (other than color) but looks to be an updated version. Has 3 wheels instead of two like the old one. Don't know if this new version comes with a shoulder strap or not. Cost is higher now at $27.

Great info guys I like the simplicity of the NCstar bags might be getting one today.
They're only about 30 bucks and available on Amazon. If you don't like Amazon, they're at all yer favorite gun-gear guys too.

While you're at it pick up a few of these...
20191106_031641.jpg
Soft-sided pistol cases. I've got some from Red Rock, some from other manufacturers, all are heavy duty and fit well into your range bag. If they don't, well... the backsides are MOLLE (or PALS) equipped for other attachment options Double-layer heavy ballistic nylon w crossed gussets, lined, and some pretty HD zippers.

GEAR-UP!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads