JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Keep spreading that information. "Willamette fish bad, don't eat."
When all you guys are hard at work, I'll be trolling under the Fremont bridge waiting for that springer to chomp on my herring.

Leave it in the holster; that's the safest place for a loaded gun.

Guess you did not read the OP's opening statement

He was worried about the gun being on the floor right next to the guys foot. Doesn't sound like a safe place to me in you don't want to give someone a chance to take it.

I unholster it and put it on top of the tp holder.

But I try not to use public outhouses.

I was also thinking about this the other day, realising how little it's done outside the home. However, i despise the floors in those places anyway, so leave it in my holster and only drop to 'just below the knee'.

Saves my pants and keeps things 'hidden' from other stalls.

Last Edited:
Guess you did not read the OP's opening statement

He was worried about the gun being on the floor right next to the guys foot. Doesn't sound like a safe place to me in you don't want to give someone a chance to take it.

I did read the OP's statement. I'm telling him that whatever he decides, don't take the gun out of the holster. I drop my pants to mid-calf and keep the holster (and therefore the gun) upright next to the outside of my right calf.

So since you read the thread. You are saying the gun is best left in the holster laying on the floor like the OP said. Because his trousers drop to the floor not midcalf like you do

CC dump, In my sox.JPG Tuck it in your Sox:cool:

So since you read the thread. You are saying the gun is best left in the holster laying on the floor like the OP said. Because his trousers drop to the floor not midcalf like you do

A man's trousers drop as far as he lets them; they're his trousers and he has control over them. His gun is better left in it's holster on the floor than taken out of it's holster and put in any of the other locations offered in an average toilet stall.

I guess instead of saying leave it in the holster that's the safest place. You should have added with your trousers at half mast. That way this whole conversation would not of taken place

Is it really worth being so pedantic over this?!
If you can't get to your holstered gun in your own pants, be it on the floor of a disgusting restroom, before someone in the cube next to you, you might want to reconsider going to the bathroom without assistance.

I'd be more concerned with them seeing it. But yeah, don't let your pants drop to the floor, so much better that way.

So what you're saying is a short sweet incorrect suggestion is better than one that's drawn out a little bit to save somebody from possibly losing a gun.

Have a good day.

I think you need more sleep.

The suggestion wasn't incorrect, but it was missing the point about not letting your pants sit on the ground, it is however, still correct, the safest place for it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top