JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My condolences to the family. And out of respect the slain officer please keep this thread about the incident only and lets not degenerate to a cops vs citizens debate.

Thank You
Trlsmn

First reports seem to state he was shot with his own gun.

"He said a man who had broken into a car apparently wrestled with the responding officer, taking his gun and shooting him. Rockwood said he was told the officer was the police chief, who is Ralph Painter, 55."

Just watched the news conference by the Columbia County Sheriff and he mentioned that the suspect apparently had a meth problem so I think it's safe to assume he was probably high as a kite which is probably how he was able to wrestle the officers gun away.

It is those like this fine gentleman who daily face the worst our society can dredge up. And yet everyday they gear up and go out there. We all should offer our prayers and support to the family and his comrades.

I think it's very telling to have all of the surrounding agencies go to help- regardless of state or county they were in... Rest In Peace Chief Painter. You will be missed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top