JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently came across the opportunity to pick up a radom AK47 pistol for $700. I've been in the market for an AK pistol and this is by far the best price that I've came across. Does anyone have experience with AK pistols or other AK rifles from radom? I figured this is a good price but also want to make sure I get my money's worth.

9D8B3DC3-411D-488A-852A-6F7C5FFCD8D1.jpeg

I recently came across the opportunity to pick up a radom AK47 pistol for $700. I've been in the market for an AK pistol and this is by far the best price that I've came across. Does anyone have experience with AK pistols or other AK rifles from radom? I figured this is a good price but also want to make sure I get my money's worth.

View attachment 1221390
Unless you are going to brace it, no, they're pretty dumb if your intention to is actually hit your intended target.

Is it Radom or FB Radom? There's a big difference; FB Radom is a long-running manufacturer of military AKs and well known for their quality. Radom was created to ride on the reputation of FB Radom but their AKs are known to have many gremlins, some of which can result in catastrophic failure. An example of a poor quality Radom is the Polish Hellpup. An example of an exquisite AK is the FB Radom Polish Beryl.

The AK world is convoluted and full of turds. Caveat Emptor.

I am not sure to be honest. I'd have to research a little more and see it in person again. When I saw it up close I noticed that it is made in Bulgaria.

Is it Radom or FB Radom? There's a big difference; FB Radom is a long-running manufacturer of military AKs and well known for their quality. Radom was created to ride on the reputation of FB Radom but their AKs are known to have many gremlins, some of which can result in catastrophic failure. An example of a poor quality Radom is the Polish Hellpup. An example of an exquisite AK is the FB Radom Polish Beryl.

The AK world is convoluted and full of turds. Caveat Emptor.
I am not sure to be honest. I'd have to research a little more and see it in person again. When I saw it up close I noticed that it is made in Bulgaria.

I do plan to brace it eventually. So other than that, they're basically pointless and just for looks/ a fun range gun to waste ammo with huh?
Yes. Short, rifle caliber guns are horrendous with muzzle blast/flash and the usefulness of them is questionable since accurately hitting a target without being able to shoulder it is far less than ideal.

A brace on it or an SBR is a different animal entirely.

AK_s_for_everyone.png
Carnac.jpg
What the next stimulus check will buy?

Aloha, Mark

PS....sorry.......it's actually a SICK JOKE for me. Because the Govt doesn't give me "stimulus money." The Govt says......
im-not-worthy.jpg

In answer to your original question.
If you have $700 to spend, an AK pistol isn't the worst way to spend it. Knowing that it's an import would raise it's value, Knowing that it's a Bulgarian parts kit built by Arsenal or another proven US maker might make $700 a steal.
Thank you! The only AK I've owned was a century arms WASR-10 that I bought for $450 about 6 years ago. Yeah I was surprised that the seller said it was a Radom, however it was stamped as being made in Bulgaria. I will check it out in person today and upload pictures if possible. Thanks!

Thank you! The only AK I've owned was a century arms WASR-10 that I bought for $450 about 6 years ago. Yeah I was surprised that the seller said it was a Radom, however it was stamped as being made in Bulgaria. I will check it out in person today and upload pictures if possible. Thanks!
I'd hold onto that WASR if you still have it. They're climbing in value and really are super durable and reliable firearms.

Did it say made in Bulgaria on the receiver, or somewhere else? Does it actually say "Radom" anywhere on it or is that just what the seller is calling it? If the receiver says Bulgaria but the rear sight block says Radom it could possibly be a kit build with a reused Bulgarian receiver and Radom (i.e. Pioneer, the bubblegummy Radom) parts. If it's somehow an actual FB Radom gun that's probably a great price but I'm not sure they made any 7.62 pistols like in the picture you posted, which shows a Draco from Romania. It could also be that the seller is confusing "Romania" with "Radom" and/or "Bulgaria" or that the "Broni" in "Fabryka Broni" is being confused with "Bulgaria". Make sure you know what it actually is before buying, and as clanhanson said, make sure you know the difference between Radom and FB Radom.

In answer to your original question.
If you have $700 to spend, an AK pistol isn't the worst way to spend it. Knowing that it's an import would raise it's value, Knowing that it's a Bulgarian parts kit built by Arsenal or another proven US maker might make $700 a steal.
Hi, so I checked out the AK pistol in person and figured out that it's actually made by Pioneer Arms in Radom, Poland. So it's a polish hellpup. Unfortunately it's not FB Radom, and upon reading about others' experience with pioneer arms Radom, it's a hit or miss. Some people have had issues with their AKs and others have fired 2K rounds without a problem. Thanks for letting me know of the differences!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top