JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any recommendations for a radiator repair shop?

I know of Mac's but I am not impressed with their price, and less impressed with their service.

The other place I am considering is Wilson's in Vancouver. The guy I talked to on the phone was helpful, unlike my many experiences with Mac's.

I am holding out on replacing this brass radiator for a stupid plastic/aluminum one. Maybe I am old fashioned, but the brass ones seem like the better option.

-Robert

1621520661783.png

It was quite disheartening last time, a year ago maybe, that I looked for someone to repair the tiny leak I'd accidentally put in the fins of the radiator on my old (Farm Like) '69 Chev 3'4 ton when I was replacing the water pump.

Good luck in your pursuit.

Unfortunately, MAC's has gotten too big for their britches and thinks they are the best/only game in town. Last time I needed a repair, they were higher priced then the cost to replace, and I told them so! They just shrugged like they didn't care!
I know a very large truck shop who stopped taking their repairs to MAC's for the same reasons, but apparently, the loss of business hasn't been felt yet!
No idea who in the area can help you, but looks like there might be a shop in the 'Couve who can!

Check with Radiator Supply House. They are based in Cottage Grove, OR, but deliver to a large area. I haven't bought anything from them lately, but in the past they had good quality products at reasonable prices. I remember buying an all-brass radiator to replace the plastic/aluminum one in a 1995 Ford F-350. They also made me a new core for my Caterpillar D-8H that has been working well for over 20 years!

https://radiatorsupplyhouse.com/

Unfortunately, MAC's has gotten too big for their britches and thinks they are the best/only game in town. Last time I needed a repair, they were higher priced then the cost to replace, and I told them so! They just shrugged like they didn't care!
I know a very large truck shop who stopped taking their repairs to MAC's for the same reasons, but apparently, the loss of business hasn't been felt yet!
No idea who in the area can help you, but looks like there might be a shop in the 'Couve who can!
Now that I google and see where Mac's is.....Yeah, that's the attitude I recall.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top