JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
good artical to bad the "news" wont ever pose these questions and if some one did yuppies,libtards,and other "news" outlets would crucify who did as out of touch right wing gun nut and never give it a second thought

The thing that drives me the craziest about this whole thing is, and they touched on it in this story is gun crime is out of control in areas with the strictest gun control. I don't know specifically and I don't really want to spend my time looking it up but doesn't Connecticut have some of the strictest laws in the US? Maybe I'm wrong and please correct me if I am but why is this not being brought up?

their answer will simply be "the gun laws need to be more strict" or "ban and remove all guns"

the logic behind how it would be possible to magically make 300 million guns just disappear is lost on them. remember they're every bit as emotional about their cause as any of us are. they're just lost to the mainstream media machine brainwashing and collective projection that has historically ignored facts and done little more than create their own 'facts' which get referenced by their followers.

The thing that drives me the craziest about this whole thing is, and they touched on it in this story is gun crime is out of control in areas with the strictest gun control. I don't know specifically and I don't really want to spend my time looking it up but doesn't Connecticut have some of the strictest laws in the US? Maybe I'm wrong and please correct me if I am but why is this not being brought up?

CT has an AWB still in effect.
CT has no possession of a pistol without a permit outside you home (and how are you going to get it home without that permit)? However, if you have the permit to carry, you may carry either openly or concealed, though you may be harassed if you carry openly.
CT is may issue by their law, but in effect is as close to must issue as a may issue can be.
CT recognizes no other states permits, but does issue limited non-resident permits.

Not the worst of the NE states, but definately not the best.

How come no one in the news (obviously I mean Fox cause no one else would report it) is banging on this point? If a lot of the gun control laws CT has in place are what they want to enact because of the shooting in CT, doesn't anyone realize how backwards that is.

An assault weapon by definition is select fire, semi auto, three shot burst, full auto. Semi auto is much easier to control that full auto. Swat teams and the military have the select fire models. Those legally in private hands are not the select fire models. Any nut job bent on attacking a gun free zone has time to reload a semi auto, magazine size is irrelevant. There are no gun laws currently on the books that has prevented any of these senseless tragedies. The ones that have been stopped and rarely reported, were stopped by a good guy with a gun.

This is right out of the 2007 Traveler's Guide to the Firearms Laws of the Fifty States:
Firearm ownership: unrestricted, no license required, except for handgun purchase.
  • AW Ownership: heavily restricted importation of most military-pattern semi-autos prohibited
  • Full Auto: heavily restricted; importation prohibited.
  • Firearm Law Uniformity: no preemption statute, [that is, any city, county can pass whatever laws they want to further restrict firearm ownership].
  • Right for Self Defense: no castle doctrine
  • Open Carry: prohibited in all public areas unless one has a CT CCW.
  • CC: temporary permit granted locally allows an individual obtain a permit form state police; out-of-state CCW are afforded very little reciprocity. Non-residents may apply for CT permits.
  • Vehicle Carry and transportation, both handguns and rifles: prohibited w/o a CT CCW. Allowed only under 1986 McClure-Volkmer Firearms Owners Protection Act provisions

that's not how you ask a question if you want someone to do you the courtesy of responding

You been this forum for less than 30 days and you are already the thought police.Really if that offends the pampers off of ya. You better go to a liberal forum to get your T level up. Otherwise your comments are just "silly".

You been this forum for less than 30 days and you are already the thought police.Really if that offends the pampers off of ya. You better go to a liberal forum to get your T level up. Otherwise your comments are just "silly".

lol who said anything about being the 'thought police'? nothing offends me. my T level is beastmode.

First sign of delusion is bragging about yourself or could be you like to mimic Obammy. Either way you need to watch that with all the mental illness talk you could lose your gun rights unless that is your goal. I am sure that is just being "silly"

First sign of delusion is bragging about yourself or could be you like to mimic Obammy. Either way you need to watch that with all the mental illness talk you could lose your gun rights unless that is your goal. I am sure that is just being "silly"

what are you even talking about?

Suge206: this is typical DMax. I often have no idea what it is he/she/it is talking about because the reponses rarely actually address the issue. He/she/it prefers to make things personal. Recommend a soft ignore.

So a CT citizen would have to have a CCW just to go out in the forest and plink?

CT already has an AWB, mag cap limits, and if you want to go out and plink with a PISTOL, yes, you need a license to carry that pistol anywhere but your on property..with a license (it is a license to carry, no mode specified) you can carry OC or CC...no license, you cannot possess a pistol outside your own property.

Hum, didn't know that applied to rifles too...my my...

BTW: Reciprosity is for LE only, CT recognizes no-ones permit but their own.

So a CT citizen would have to have a CCW just to go out in the forest and plink?
This is a quote right of the same book I referenced in the previous post:

Vehicle carry of any handgun must be accompanied by a CT carry permit. .... Persons are prohibited from carrying "any dangerous or deadly weapon" in a vehicle without s permit issued by CT. Recent court decisions have made it clear this prohibition applies to all firearms, not just handguns. A person carrying a rifle or a shotgun must have a permit a CT as well.

Yeap, CT is another "steer clear" state in my book.

When the Journal News in New York’s Westchester County decided to publish the identities of gun permit holders in two counties – information it was legally able to obtain – it ignited a backlash that seems to have surprised the editor and publisher, which suggests neither is half as smart as they apparently think they are.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads