JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got a 'new generation' 715 pistol pack that I haven't had time to shoot thanks to Covid (and now its also impossible to get 357 ammo...) that I got it in a trade. Big reason I did it was the solid reputation of great accuracy and I really like the idea of modularity with different barrel lengths. The trigger feels really good (but not as good as my S&W 460 which is 'trigger perfection' in my opinion!) compared to some Rugers I've had and even my other S&W (386 NG) but it's a much faster mechanism on DW vs. S&W so it makes for a different feel and naturally 'heavier' because of that.

I bought a model 15-2VH6 back in 1986, a Monson built gun. Have put a lot of miles on it and it's the most accurate revolver I've ever shot. Some of the Monson guns had issues with "soft" cylinders, mine was no exception - had to send it back to have the cylinder replaced and I still think it's not really quite what it should have been. Had a local 'smith put a spring kit in it and massage the trigger - it's quite smooth and accurate double action shooting isn't a problem. Along the way, I replaced the original factory rear sight with a MIllett fully adjustable rear (don't think these are available now) and replaced the original wood grip with a Pachmayr grip so it's easier to handle. I later bought a 4" barrel for it from CZ after they acquired DW and they've since re-introduced these revolvers so you can buy a new one today. I shoot IDPA once in a while with it and lots of fun, but dealing with speedloaders is always an interesting exercise, especially if you're a lefty, like me.

I bought a model 15-2VH6 back in 1986, a Monson built gun. Have put a lot of miles on it and it's the most accurate revolver I've ever shot. Some of the Monson guns had issues with "soft" cylinders, mine was no exception - had to send it back to have the cylinder replaced and I still think it's not really quite what it should have been. Had a local 'smith put a spring kit in it and massage the trigger - it's quite smooth and accurate double action shooting isn't a problem. Along the way, I replaced the original factory rear sight with a MIllett fully adjustable rear (don't think these are available now) and replaced the original wood grip with a Pachmayr grip so it's easier to handle. I later bought a 4" barrel for it from CZ after they acquired DW and they've since re-introduced these revolvers so you can buy a new one today. I shoot IDPA once in a while with it and lots of fun, but dealing with speedloaders is always an interesting exercise, especially if you're a lefty, like me.
Being a lefty in a right handed world, but shooting right - I came up with the left-handed reload that was pretty quick. In short, I kept the gun in my right hand, opened the cylinder and ejected with the left hand, then pulled the speedloader out of the pouch with the left hand and re-charged the cylinder. I liked it far better than the change hands and hold the gun upside down routine. But, shooting right while being left-handed was a huge advantage. On one occasion, I was able to put twelve on the silhouette before my sarge who was shooting a Beretta.

Another D.W. Shooter here, a Mod 15 stainless full length underlug .44 mag, a damn fine and accurate shooter, the trigger wasn't all that bad on mine, but a little slickin and it's near perfect! Other then my Anaconda, the D.W. gets lots of holster time!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top