JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Welding small/medium art projects at home (MIG and oxy/acetylene), I've often thought it would be fun to have a plasma cutter. But alas, that's just another gadget that would jam up my packed garage even more - and I'd want/need an electrical circuit with higher volts/amps.

My buddy has offered space to set one up at his house where he was 110/220V and 40A in a big shop - right next to a work table and a big, high-psi compressor. I really don't mind spending a couple hundred bucks on a light-duty cutter to leave at his place. Yet another reason to hang out and enjoy beers once a week and cut a few custom pieces for my projects.

I don't need pro-grade-earn-my-living type gear. Light-duty, occasional use describes my requirements - probably 10mm (max) steel plate, shovel heads and scrap. Friend's use would be minimal, too.

I see ads for (approx.) $200 dual voltage plasma cutters on the internet. Seems reasonable, but I don't want to buy Brand X and wish I got Y or Z instead. Anybody here have one they love? Or hate? Open to suggestions. Thanks for looking.

Last Edited:
I bought a Yeswelder Cut-55DS one from Amazon a couple years ago. Works fine for cutting through steel & aluminum with a small compressor. Uses standard consumables and is a pilot-arc start. So far, has worked every time I've needed it.

I bought a Lotos LTP5000D a number of years ago. It has worked fine, with no problems. It runs on 240V, and I power it with a 30 amp circuit. Generic consumables are quite reasonably priced on Ebay. It cuts 1/4" steel quite well, and I think 3/8" is possible, but will be slow and leave a rough edge.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top