JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lowly Monk--How could I channel all the water into it? I wish they'd done a better job before building that deck over the pool! Do they sell some kind of cover that I could mount underneath the deck but on top of the pool that I could then funnel it into a cistern?

Well, you can get covers made for any pool/cistern. Or make your own to keep costs down. I have seen downspouts set up to go directly into water storage tanks.
When/if you get the place I would gladly take a look and help design something. Simple low cost. Keeping varmits and bugs,debris out. You can also check out the structure (deck) to make sure it is strong,safe. The support post is in question for me.

I use chlorine tabs in my above ground pool to keep out the bugs and algae. The few times I've needed water I just boiled it ( 6 mins at a rolling boil). The taste was a little off but it was usable water.

Thanks all, you've convinced me its a solvable issue! Lowly Monk--If we get into it, I will definitely drop you a line. The cistern idea sounds pretty cool. The deck feels pretty solid, but, yes--the underwater support beam seemed odd to me too!

What kind of material is the deck made of and what kind of sealer/stain has been applied to the surface. The older Pressure Treated wood had arsenic and other bad stuff injected into them. It could leach into the pool water stored below.

The stain is basically all gone. However, there is preSsure treated wood underneath. When did they stop putting arsenic in that? This wood should be, at most, 5 years old. If they'd been using this water to water the yard, would the ground be contaminated??

What kind of lumber is the deck and support beams/joists made of. Pressure Treated wood made before 2008 had arsenic and other heavy metal poisons injected into them. Any water stored under the deck will be contaminated by rain water leaching the chemicals and depositing them below.

I'm guessing it was 2006-7. So, it's probably the bad stuff. Would that have contaminated the yard if it was used to water it? Should I get the soil tested?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top