JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I have a posting in the handgun section, I am trying to trade a HK for a 1911 or one of a couple other versions of pistols I enjoy more. I got a fairly condescending email from a member of this board through armslist, he offered me 600 dollars for the HK. When I politely declined he insisted on replying, saying "please take no offense, but the frenzy is only catching a few unsuspecting people out there" and went on to insinuate that I was somehow abusing a Law Enforcement buy and that it was absurd? it did not make a lot of sense. Basically he was upset I wouldn’t sell him the HK for 600 dollars. I explained twice that I would rather trade it for something I want and that it is worth more than 600 dollars to me and I would keep it if that was my only option.

Am I being over-presumptuous? I have met a few really nice people from this board and though I am new I had considered this a place where people could come and discuss firearm related issues and even look for trades and sales and such?

I thought I would see what you guys are thinking.....I have no desire to gouge anyone, and to be honest I really don’t think I am, what do you guys think?

Delete the email and move on with life. Nothing more, nothing less.

Here is the simple key "that it is worth more than 600 dollars to me" so then it does not really matter what it is worth to someone else. If it was worth $1000 to you then it would be worth $1000 to you, but that does not mean it would be worth that to someone else. It is life, move on.

The whole "gouging" thing has got so out of hand it is not funny. I have an AR that if I tried to sell it for $1000 I would be laughed out of the room for and called a "gouger". Funny thing is when I bought it in about 2000 I paid $1000 it and that was a screaming deal considering they were running $1500+ at the time. On the other hand if I sold one of my .45 Uzi mags for $100 I would be "giving it away" or it would be a "great deal" for someone seeing how they sell for $150+ even though I paid way less then $100. It is all about opinion and yours is all that counts at the end of the day.

Key point is its your gun!! Its worth what you want to ask for it! There are alot of guys all ticked off because they cant buy cheap and flip for a profit right now. This guy obviously was just trying to bully you into a sale! I love to buy guns and play with em for awhile then resell and yes its tougher to do in the current market and come out ahead, that said i also hate to lowball people also. I really wouldnt worry about it! the guy is obviously not worth dealing with. Just tell him thanks for the offer and move on. Please PM me member name so i know who not to deal with. I am betting i already know who this is, the notorious troutdale russian!

Key point is its your gun!! Its worth what you want to ask for it! There are alot of guys all ticked off because they cant buy cheap and flip for a profit right now. This guy obviously was just trying to bully you into a sale! I love to buy guns and play with em for awhile then resell and yes its tougher to do in the current market and come out ahead, that said i also hate to lowball people also. I really wouldnt worry about it! the guy is obviously not worth dealing with. Just tell him thanks for the offer and move on. Please PM me member name so i know who not to deal with. I am betting i already know who this is, the notorious troutdale russian!

Agreed! F that dude for sure. Do what you want! I'd like to know who that is as well! guy sounds like a real Jack Wagon!

Thanks for the feedback guys, I felt like maybe this was the case but it helps to hear other points of view. As a firearms enthusiast I love to trade and collect but like I said, I don't want to be "that guy" either. I know things a re a bit wonky right now and people can be kind of silly about it on both sides of the fence.

1.jpg

So, I have a posting in the handgun section, I am trying to trade a HK for a 1911 or one of a couple other versions of pistols I enjoy more. I got a fairly condescending email from a member of this board through armslist, he offered me 600 dollars for the HK. When I politely declined he insisted on replying, saying "please take no offense, but the frenzy is only catching a few unsuspecting people out there" and went on to insinuate that I was somehow abusing a Law Enforcement buy and that it was absurd? it did not make a lot of sense. Basically he was upset I wouldn’t sell him the HK for 600 dollars. I explained twice that I would rather trade it for something I want and that it is worth more than 600 dollars to me and I would keep it if that was my only option.

Am I being over-presumptuous? I have met a few really nice people from this board and though I am new I had considered this a place where people could come and discuss firearm related issues and even look for trades and sales and such?

I thought I would see what you guys are thinking.....I have no desire to gouge anyone, and to be honest I really don’t think I am, what do you guys think?

I would post his name. I never had anybody do that but if they did. I would post the emails or PM's. Public humiliation is very effective. After a while you can just glance at a name and no they are jacked up.

I don't know what HK you have but I would say they average between $750-$850 used. I saw a P30 for $1300 and that is nuts or the guys with 3 holsters and 10 mags for $1500 drive me crazy.

Just say no thanks and don't get sucked in to their game

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I would post his name. I never had anybody do that but if they did. I would post the emails or PM's. Public humiliation is very effective. After a while you can just glance at a name and no they are jacked up.

I don't know what HK you have but I would say they average between $750-$850 used. I saw a P30 for $1300 and that is nuts or the guys with 3 holsters and 10 mags for $1500 drive me crazy.

Just say no thanks and don't get sucked in to their game

Yeah. One of the reasons I always try to trade is because to me, the value of a firearm can be kind of intrinsic. I may place a higher (and I have) value on a firearm I really want, because its what I want, not because of what they are going for on Gun Broker. To me price is secondary to enjoyment of said item. It may be worth XX but to me it may worth XXXX you know?

Yeah. One of the reasons I always try to trade is because to me, the value of a firearm can be kind of intrinsic. I may place a higher (and I have) value on a firearm I really want, because its what I want, not because of what they are going for on Gun Broker. To me price is secondary to enjoyment of said item. It may be worth XX but to me it may worth XXXX you know?

To who :) :) :) :)

Seattle guns had a thread with jerks listed. It is gone because the switched formats but I am sure it will be back...

So who was it? :) :) inquiries wanted :) :)

You have the right to sell anything you own for any price you want. If a buyer wants it they will pay what evr you are asking if they dont want it they wont pay your price. Doesn't matter what you paid for it or when. It is yours do what you want. Dont try to please everyone make yourself happy first.

What did you mean by "went on to insinuate that I was somehow abusing a Law Enforcement buy and that it was absurd"?

I'm not really sure, here is the conversation I think he was accusing me of selling a law enforcement gun? Like a blue label gun maybe? I was under the impression that we were not allowed to sell those, I happen to have some Glocks I have received through the Blue Label program and had never even thought of selling / trading them. Any way, his responses are in red, mine blue. I deleted his phone number as that does not seem appropriate.

ARMSLIST - Message from toolboxche​[email protected]​m about H&K P2000 LEM .40 Cal, 3 Magazines, HK case and paperwork

Inbox

[email protected]

Mar 1 (2 days ago)

to me

Message from: [email protected]

Message regarding: H&K P2000 LEM .40 Cal, 3 Magazines, HK case and paperwork

That would be the same listing as on NWFirearms. I presume.

Offer of 600, can pick up tomorrow, 503-93x-xxxx
REMEMBER: Avoid scams by dealing locally and NEVER send money to sellers without using a trusted escrow service.

SM <[email protected]>

Mar 1 (2 days ago)

to toolboxchev

It would, ill have to pass, thank you for the offer.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 1, 2013, at 11:22 PM, [email protected] wrote:

chris rosell

9:16 AM (16 hours ago)

to me

Will you seperate out the light or laser attachment? Dont really need that
--- On Fri, 3/1/13, SM <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: ARMSLIST - Message from [email protected] about H&K P2000 LEM .40 Cal, 3 Magazines, HK case and paperwork
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date: Friday, March 1, 2013, 11:23 PM

SM <[email protected]>

9:21 AM (16 hours ago)

to chris

I wouldn't sell it for 600 by itself.
Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 2, 2013, at 9:16 AM, chris rosell <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: ARMSLIST - Message from [email protected] about H&K P2000 LEM .40 Cal, 3 Magazines, HK case and paperwork

chris rosell

7:31 PM (6 hours ago)

to me

please take no offense, but the frenzy is only catching a few unsuspecting people out there.

I have found that a certain percentage of these firearms are Law Enforcement buys that are abused.

A couple of guys are selling alot of them just for the fear of it. That in itself is just wrong.

--- On Fri, 3/1/13, SM <[email protected]> wrote:

SM <[email protected]>

8:12 PM (5 hours ago)

to chris

I'm not sure what you are trying to say or what you are insinuating. of course I take offense if you are insinuating That I am trying to take advantage. Is that because I won't sell you an HK for $600? How awful that I won't give you in HK for the price of a Glock?

I don't really know what you were talking about as far as the police guns this is a great gun and I don't need to sell it I don't even really want to sell it it is a beautiful gun and it is a quality HK I thought I would see if I could trade it for other guns I am interested in and like, its fairly simple.

I told you no twice now, I will consider this our last interaction thank you for your time good luck in your search.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 2, 2013, at 7:31 PM, chris rosell <[email protected]> wrote:

chris rosell

9:26 PM (4 hours ago)

to me

perfect

--- On Sat, 3/2/13, SM <[email protected]> wrote:

To: "chris rosell" <[email protected]>
Date: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 8:12 PM

I don't get what the big deal is......The guy made a statement, with his opinion, of "Some" people that may be doing something un-ethical/moral(?), and offered you $200.00 less than the gun is probably worth. He never accused you of wrong doing. I think you are being a bit over sensitive.

Keep your ad, bump when allowed, and get the piece/price you want eventually.

I don't get what the big deal is......The guy made a statement, with his opinion, of "Some" people that may be doing something un-ethical/moral(?), and offered you $200.00 less than the gun is probably worth. He never accused you of wrong doing. I think you are being a bit over sensitive.

Keep your ad, bump when allowed, and get the piece/price you want eventually.

Its not a big deal to be honest. My initial question was to the point of whether or not I was being unreasonable, if you want to become part of a community then it helps to try and get a feel for what they feel is appropriate/acceptable right? If we are pointing things out then yes he was accusing me of gouging, its pretty evident to me. He is accusing me of taking advantage by trying to "catch someone unsuspecting during the frenzy" And then going on to accuse me of trying to flip a law enforcement gun. Sticks and stones and what not, in fairness I could care less about that. I posted the conversation because people were asking about it and who it was because of the link to this forum. Offering someone a low-ball offer is not a big deal, telling them they are taking advantage and accusing them of other things because they don't accept your offer is kind of a D bag move.

First of all: I believe your trade to be inferior to any 1911; With that said, your item is made in a foriegn country and has been exise taxed by our government. ($ Marked up$)
My supporting evidence is such that the fact you yourself are seeking an American firearm for consumption.
Worth is the salt thrown over one's shoulder.

JM2.$

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads