JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey, so I want to explore different hiking and camping places near the Portland Metro area on the Oregon side. I've been going with a buddy to a few of Washington places. Or possibly a few Washington ones near the Oregon border. I've been going wayyy up north in washington with my buddy.

I like to go hiking out in the woods with my bug out bag, enjoy nature.

Usually, I carry my bug out bag, my ar, my glock and afew extra mags, a few knives, paracord along with other stuff in my bag.
*The firearms is to scare away wildlife if any bother me, god forbid a bear comes and tries to cuddle me.

Much like James Yaeger's bug out bag videos.

Just wondering if there are any deep forest areas that will allow me to hike and camp that's far away from civilization on the oregon side of the portland metro area or closer to the oregon border in Washington. I'd like to go out for Christmas eve and Christmas.

Any ideas would help. Thanks

Govt Camp area, elk Creek, Diamond Mill, Horse camp, etc.

Lots of trails and just other hikers, horse riders and motor cycles, but no problems getting off the beaten path.

Beware it is a rain forest.

Look in the used bookstores for a series of trail guides by Don and Roberta Lowe. Really great hikes and tons of trails. Camping areas are noted as well.

Indian Heaven, an area between Mt Adams and Mt. St. Helens is a great area that flies under the radar.

<broken link removed>

"PORTLAND, Ore. - Multnomah County Commissioners unanimously passed a gun control ordinance on Thursday, which will go into effect in 30 days.

The goal was to bring the county's gun laws more in line with those in Portland. The new ordinance will:

Prohibit possession of a loaded firearm in a public place.
Prohibit the discharge of a firearm within the county's boundaries.
Prohibit endangering a child by allowing access to a firearm.
Require that the theft or loss of a firearm be reported within 48 hours.
Extend the curfew hours for minors on parole and probation for a charge related to a gun.

What if I have an Oregon Concealed Handgun License?

As required by State law, the ordinance exempts concealed handgun permit holders, and others, from the loaded open carry provisions.

What do you mean by a "public place?"

As defined by State law "public place" means a place to which the general public has access and includes, but is not limited to, hallways, lobbies and other parts of apartment houses and hotels not constituting rooms or apartments designed for actual residence, and highways, streets, schools, places of amusement, parks, playgrounds and premises used in connection with public passenger transportation. ORS 161.015(10).

Does this mean I can't hunt in Multnomah County?

This ordinance will not affect licensed hunters engaged in lawful hunting.

What about gun ranges?

This ordinance does not prohibit a person discharging a firearm on a public or private shooting range, shooting gallery or other area designed and built for the purpose of target shooting.
If I am on National Forestry land within Multnomah County, do the discharge and possession of loaded weapon requirements still apply?

Yes.

...."

Rabbit hunting is open year round. All you need is a hunting license.
"Yes sir, Mr. Officer, I was rabbit hunting." "See that target over there, he was hiding behind it."
"Can't believe I missed him after all of those shots I took"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top