JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How is your reception during wet weather?

We are going to have to switch our TV to another company and are considering going to a satellite dish, but don't want to get locked into a contract if reception is going to be crappy.
Anything you would like to share would be appreciated.

Thanks muchly.

We are going to have to switch our TV to another company and are considering going to a satellite dish, but don't want to get locked into a contract if reception is going to be crappy.

Thanks muchly.

I use to live with one of my best friends and we had Dish. We never had a problem with normal Willamette valley rain, even heavy rain was okay. If it snowed and the dish got covered we lost reception or once in some really heavy hail. If you've got a tight sight line through trees and then it get windy, that can cause problems as well.

I have had Directv since about the time they came out. Never had any real problems with them. I have set up many dishes for myself and friends. I even had one on an RV for a while that would get set up and taken down quite often.

Snow can be an issue if you let it build up.

I know there are some slight programing difference so you might look into that. I prefer Directv over Dish but that might just be because it is what I have always had. I have been places and used Dish quite a bit.

If you get set up and you find it does not work for you then you can get out of the contract. Their side of it is providing you useable service.

Thanks muchly.

Dish SUCKS...... Careful..... It sucks were I live... Rain, leaves, wind, snow....

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I will echo what others have said about DirecTV. I've had service with them for about 10 years.. No issues except for snow. Picture quality is outstanding and the whole home DVR setup is great.

I installed DirecTv 15 years ago. It wasn't difficult to set up and it works well. I'd hate to have to go back with a cable company again.

I had to shoot the signal between the tops of some trees and now that the trees have grown I'll lose the signal for short periods during heavy rain storms. I'll eventually have to move the dish to the shop 250' away and use a signal booster because of the distance.

The original RCA receiver started freezing on me last year so I called Directv and asked about the prices/features of a replacement, she said 'wait a minute you've been with us a long time' and they shipped a new receiver to me free of charge. :s0155:

I have no issues with Dish, and I live on 73 acres, with 60 in reprod. No issues with rain, wind, snow...whatever. But, the 5 acres south of the house is in hay, so there are NO trees in view.

Now, if CenturyTel could only provide internet that good, I'd be happy

I've had both just recently since I just moved up here. With dishnetwork with heavy rain it would get knocked off and take a few minutes to reconnect. With Direct it has rained heavy here several times and I only lost reception for a few seconds.

I have had DirecTV for many years and also have not had any problems. Actually have pretty good customer service. I've had a couple of receiver issues and they have taken care of and offered me some freebies for my trouble.
I also take a receiver from the house in the motorhome when we go and have had great luck with setting it up and still getting great reception.

As for costs, it can be all over the board. We don't watch that many movies so don't have any of the premium movie channels. It still amazes me how we do have something like 150 channels and there are still times I can't find anything I want to watch..... :) :( Now that I think about it if I elimnate the buying channels and the religious channels I probably get about 27 channels :) :) :) but that's the same no matter who you use.

I'll have to check my bill tonight, but we changed from Direct to Dish because it was far cheaper than Direct or Comcast- I think we're around $70/month with two HD receivers, DVR, and the "Top 250" programming and no premium channels

We have Charter cable for TV and internet. Reason is that the internet is so fast - 30 Mbps. I don't even know how many channels we get. They call it "All local channels & All top-rated networks." We don't want or get "premium channels." The cost is $115 per month.

We have Dish Network. Normal overcast Willamette Valley weather doesn't cause any reception problems. The only time we have ever had reception problems (and this has been a maybe once or twice year occurence and for a very short time) is if we get REALLY THICK cloud cover or if we get a lot of wet snow that ends up covering the Dish. If the snow is the cause it is usually fixed by just going out with a broom and brushing off the Dish.

I'll have to check my bill tonight, but we changed from Direct to Dish because it was far cheaper than Direct or Comcast- I think we're around $70/month with two HD receivers, DVR, and the "Top 250" programming and no premium channels

I agree with this. When we first decided to move away from Cable we checked both Dish Network and Direct TV and Dish Network was far less expensive for similar packages. I don't remember now exactly how much less it was, but it was significant enough at the time that it was a no brainer to do with Dish.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top