JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are so many variables here its impossible to give you an answer.

Are both rifles of the samebasic model? M1903 or O3-A3

Are either rifle of the Low serial number range? for Springfield receivers below 800,000 for Rock Island 286506 (do a search for Springfield low serial numbers to read the warnings)

Have both rifles been modified at the same level? do both have the original sights removed and drilled for a scope (this will totally ruin the military collectablity of the rifle)

Are both stocks the same?

Both have the same sights/optic's

Condition

And don't forget one seller thinks his is worth more then the others

Just for a start.

I have a M1903 Spring field made in 1918 the just barely falls into the low serial number range (more collectable less safe to shoot) its stock is just the military stock cut down and the middle band. It has had NO metal modification (except for the removal of the mid and upper bands) no holes drilled in it nothing that will keep me from returning it to military condition. I paid only $125.00 for it and got 2 boxes of ammo to boot. Yet to a collector its worth 3-4 times that and once the proper stock and the missing metal is put on it it will be $600.00 + rifle.

So as you see there are so many variables to a Springfield rifle that trying to judge value based on as little as you have given us is quite the challenge.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top